Chapter 3: Memories

*EDITED*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3: Memories

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

Why did I have to let Shinji start playing this game? Searching for them had proved quiet difficult, considering I wasn’t allowed to sense for their presences. I had already searched all of Karakura town and still hadn’t found them; and it’s only been half an hour!

I was walking down a deserted street when a blur of colour zoomed past me, a blur of orange.

Yes, I finally found Shinji! Picking up my pace, I run after the blur and turn a corner, only to see the blur stop. When it does, I see that it wasn’t Shinji.

It was Yoruichi. Walking over to her, I tap her on the shoulder.

“Oh, Kira! Just the girl I was looking for.” Yoruichi smiles at me, her golden eyes lighting up.

“You were looking for me?” I ask.

“I was actually on my way to your house just now. Kisuke wanted me to tell you that he wants to see you tomorrow morning at 6:30. He said not to be late; you know how impatient he can get.” Yoruichi chuckles.

“I’ll be there.” I reply. “Hey, by any chance have you see Shinji anywhere?”

“I just saw them about fifteen minutes ago getting ice cream. Why?” Yoruichi eyes me.

“No reason. Thanks again, Yoruichi!” I call before flash stepping away and back towards the warehouse.

Those bastards! Leaving me to run around the city in search of them while they were off getting ice cream. The nerve of them. Shinji’s a dead man when I see them.

Arriving at the warehouse, I walk up to the door and move just in time to miss a stray piece of metal flying my way. Cautiously, I walk inside and see the Vizards just lounging around the main area.

My eyes scan the area until I find Shinji, who just so happened to be fast asleep on the couch. Perfect.

The others notice me, and stop what they were doing, their attention focused solely on me. I assume they figured out the general idea of my plan because behind me I can hear the faint sounds of suppressed laughter.

Turning around, I place a finger on my lips in a ‘shh’ gesture and they all nod. I continue on my way towards Shinji until I am at arms length of him. I lift my hand and point a finger at his head.

“Hakka suru.” It takes a few seconds, but once my power reached my fingertip, a small bead of flame shoots out and latches onto his hat. The flame slowly enlarges, setting his precious hat on fire.

Moments later, Shinji’s eyes open to see me smirking down at him. “Hello, Shinji.” I laugh, my smirk getting wider.

“Kira, why are you smiling like that?” Shinji asks, his eyes slowly widening in fear at what I might have done.

“No reason at all! I just think that I deserve to smile like this, after the fact that you ditched me… to go have ice cream.” My voice comes out cold and dripping with venom.

“I’m sorry! It’s just we thought you were going to find us quicker, and when you didn’t we got bored so we went for ice cream.” Shinji smiles sheepishly, rubbing his arm. “Am I forgiven?”

“I guess. Oh, and sorry about your hat.” I laugh nervously, a small smirk on my face as I walk away from him.

“My hat? Wha-” Shinji starts, reaching up to his hat and almost burning his hand. He lets out a small shriek of terror before patting at his head frantically, trying to ebb the flames away.