Chapter 36: Gone

Chapter 36: Gone

*Grimmjow’s P.o.V.*

Standing in the portal to Las Noches, I thought about what I was going to say to Kira when I saw her. I knew I had to talk to her and make it up to her. I just didn’t know how, yet.

“Grimmjow, will you stop worrying already? It’s suffocating.” Luppi says as he looks back at me.

“Shut up.” I growl and look back down at my feet. In front of me, I hear a rippling sound as the portal opens and we step out and back into Las Noches.

Looking around, I saw that we were standing outside the throne room. “Let’s get this over with.” I mumble. The doors open and we walk in, moving to stand in front of Aizen.

“Grimmjow, Luppi, Zomarri. So good of you three to finally be back. I assume your mission was a success?” Aizen asks, his head resting on his arm.

“Yes, Lord Aizen.” Zomarri says.

“Good. What information did you obtain?” Aizen quirks an eyebrow at us.

I sigh and push my hands in my pockets. “The Soul Reapers will be attacking in two weeks. Also, Ichigo and his friends will be coming to rescue there friend in four days. Other than that, everything was normal.” I explain.

Aizen nods and takes a deep breath. “Very well. Your all dismissed.” Aizen says as he flicks his wrist towards the doors. Sighing, I turn and walk out of the room.

I start making my way to Kira’s room but am stopped by Ulquiorra. “She’s not here anymore.” Ulquiorra says, his face blank.

“Where is she then?” I ask, my temper already starting to rise. He better not have done anything to her.

“Soul Society.” Ulquiorra says as he turns and walks past me. Once he gets right beside me, he stops and pauses. “She kissed me.” Ulquiorra says before disappearing.

My eyes turn to slits and a growl emanates from my throat. She wouldn’t, but he would. That bastard! I swear, next time I see him I will kill him.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

*Toshiro’s P.o.V.*

I was sitting in my office when a familiar spiritual pressure bursts out. Who was that? And why does it feel familiar? Looking down at the paperwork in front of me, a deep groan escapes from my mouth just as my office door bursts open and in comes Rangiku.

“What is it, Rangiku?” I ask, my tone irritated.

“You need to come to Squad One barracks now.” Rangiku pants, her eyes wide and her form slouching.

Sighing, I get up from my chair and walk over to her. “What is it?” I ask, as we start walking.

“We need to hurry.” Rangiku says. I nod and we flash step to the barracks. Arriving within seconds, I burst through the doors to see all the captains and lieutenants standing in a crescent in the middle of the room.

“What’s going on?” I ask as I make my way to the front, pushing people out of my way. When I am just about through, the crowd parts and I see someone standing in the middle with their back to me.

Staring at the person, I see it is a girl with long black hair. My eyes widen as possibilities of who it might be fill my mind. The girl turns around with her head down and stand like that, not showing me her face.

I take a few steps forward just as the girl slowly looks up at me, her hair still covering her eyes. She shakes her head and brushes her hair out of her face, revealing her ruby red eyes.

“Hey Shiro.” Kira smiles sweetly at me. I feel myself go still as I stare at the love of my life.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

I was in shock. Literally in shock. I haven’t seen Kira in over five years, so seeing her now is quiet a shock for me. Right now, I was sitting under a tree in the Squad 10 barracks, waiting for Kira to show up.

“Hey Shiro.” Kira’s voice smiles from behind me as I feel arms wrap around my neck.

“Kira.” I say as I look over to her to see her smiling. I feel a small grin creep onto my face and I try to push it away but it stays put.

“I missed you.” Kira says as she lays her head down in my lap, closing her eyes.

“I missed you too. Why did you come back?” I ask as I start twirling a strand of her hair around my finger.

“I need to come back home. I missed it, and I wanted to see everyone. Especially you Shiro.” Kira opens her eyes and smiles brightly at me.

I smile back and help her sit up. “I’m glad you came back.” I say as Kira wraps her arms around me and takes me in a hug.

“I’m glad to.” Kira whispers back and I wrap my arms around her. Kira, you don’t know how much I missed you.