Chapter 43: Change

Chapter 43: Change

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

I was sleeping until I heard a loud knocking at me door. I rolled over and faced the door, contemplating whether to open it or not.

“Kira, it’s me.” Ulquiorra’s muffled voice came from the other side of the door. I shout back my response before shoving the blankets over my head.

“What do you want?” I ask, my voice barely audible past the mountain load of blankets.

“There is a meeting in the throne room and Aizen wishes you be present. It start’s in five minutes.” Ulquiorra says as he pulls the blankets off me. “Get up lazy.”

I groan and slip out of bed, quickly getting dressed, and brushing my hair and teeth. Two minutes later, me and Ulquiorra were walking down the hallway, a comfortable silence around us.

“So what’s this meeting about?” I ask causually, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

Ulquiorra looks at me then shrugs before looking ahead of him again. “I don’t know.” Ulquiorra states, his face a blank canvas.

“Ok, cool bunnies.” I mumble, which earns me a raised eyebrow from Ulquiorra. “What? Bunnies can be cool.” I mutter, turning my gaze to in front of me.

Ulquiorra shrugs and looks away from me just as we reach the throne room. Looking around, I see Gin standing in front of the big white doors. “Hello, Ulquiorra.” Gin smiles and pauses, his closed gaze turning to me. “Hello, Kira.” Gin purrs, his grin still present.

I smile back and walk over to him, giving him a pat on the head. “Good doggy.” I laugh jokingly.

Gin frowns and pouts to me. “I’m no doggy.” Gin complains.

I laugh and pat him on the head again. “Now you are, my pet.” I smirk at him before walking past him and into the throne room with Ulquiorra on my tail.

Walking inside, I see everyone sitting down and deathly quiet. Like literally, you could hear a feather drop. That’s how quiet it was. I shrug it off and take a seat next to Ulquiorra.

A few moments later, Aizen comes out from behind his chair and sits down, a smirk on his face. This can’t be good. “Thank you all for coming. Now, I have a surprise for all of you.” Aizen’s eyes travel over to me when he says the last sentence. “Kaname, please bring him in.” Aizen smirks and I feel myself becoming worried.

I look behind Aizen to see Kaname bringing in someone who had a cover over there head so we couldn’t see who it was. Kaname stops beside Aizen and stands there, the captive beside him. Aizen gets of his chair and walks over to Kaname, whispers something in his ear before pulling of the cover over the person’s head.

When I see the person face, my heart drops and I feel tears springing to my eyes. How? How could he get caught? Why did it have to be him? He looks up at me and gives me a weak smile and mouths, ‘I’m sorry.’, before Aizen runs a hand through him.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

*Ren’s P.o.V.*

I felt a cover slip over my head and hands clasp my arms. “Don’t be alarmed. We just can’t have anyone seeing your face yet. Don’t fight.” Kaname’s calm voice whispered to me. I nod as I let him walk me out into the throne room.

“Kaname, please bring him in.” Aizen’s commanding voice orders from his place at the throne. As we walk out, I keep reminding myself why I was doing this.

I was doing this so I could save my sister and keep her safe, no matter what the costs. It was all worth it, even if I had to give up everything.

We stop walking and I listen to the footsteps of Aizen approaching us and the sound of my rapid heartbeat. I take a deep breath as the cover was pulled off my head and light flooded into my vision.

Blinking a few times, I scan the crowd until my eyes land on Kira. Her mouth was in a small ’O’ and her eyes were big. I gave her a weak smile and mouthed her a sorry.

I looked into her eyes to see mixed feelings; anger, sadness, betrayal, worry, and most of all, love. She knew I was doing this for her, but she had no clue why. Hell, I barely knew why.

I was just about to say something when I feel a digging sensation pierce through my stomach. Looking down, I saw that Aizen had a hand through my stomach and blood was dripping from his hand. He pulled it out and whipped his hand dry as I fell to the ground, blackness and smoke surrounding me as I became the very thing I feared.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

“NO!” The scream erupts out my throat as Ren falls to the ground, his body lifeless as smoke enveloped him. He was in transition, to become what I was. But why? Why would he risk it?

Sobs bubble from my throat and tears spring from my eyes, leaving watery trails down my cheeks. My sobs got harder as realization hit me. My brother had killed himself to become an Arrancar like me, just so he could protect me. That stupid fool of a brother.

Looking up, I quickly wipe my eyes as the smoke clears and Ren’s body lies on the ground, his body facing away from me. I scoot forward, trying to get a better look when Ren’s body moves.

He sits up and stares up at Aizen before standing up and turning, facing me with deadly eyes. His clothes were changed to white pants with a black belt and a cropped white jacket, which exposed his chest. My eyes travel down to where Aizen stabbed him to see his hollow whole, signifying his emptiness.

Looking back up, I searched him for his hollow mask. I look at his face to see his mask was on the left of his face, the mask shaped like the bones of the bottom jaw. It had blue and black designs clawing at the bone, making it look fierce. A small smile came to my face just at the sight of him being alive. My brother was okay. My idiot brother was actually alive.

Jumping out of my seat, I raced to him and engulfed him in a big hug. I start squeezing him hard, never wanting to let go.

A“m I forgiven?” Ren asks, his arms wrapping around me.

“Yes, for now at least.” I reply, squeezing him one last time before sitting back.

“So, what are we going to do know?” Ren asks, his face curious.

"No clue.” I smile at him. “Let’s just get through this first.”

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

A/N: What if i ended the story right there? Nah, i wouldnt do that to you guys! Haha, sorry for the rushed chapter. Hope you still liked it. Who's excited for Christmas? I know i am!

Purple dinosaur gummy bears are going to take over the world in 2012!! Just so you guys know. =)

Comment

Vote

Fan

The more you do that stuff, the more chapters you get!! =)

~SexyChick13