Chapter 28: Curse

Chapter 28: Curse

*Grimmjow’s P.o.V.*

I was waiting at the restaurant table, waiting for Kira to show up. I had planned to take her out for dinner then a movie so we could have an official date but she isn’t showing up. Wonder what happened to her.

'Go check outside for her, you idiot.’ My panther mumbles. I groan and push my chair away from the table. Walking outside, I scan the area and see two figures up ahead. I start to walk towards them, when the girl screams and the guy pushes something into her stomach. The scream from Kira.

I ran as fast as I could to Kira just as she fell to the ground. I fly down and catch her before she can hit the ground. She stares wide eyed at the guy in front of her.

"Brother.” Kira mumbles before she passes out. I look up to see the guy gone. If that was Kira’s brother, why would he stab her?

Picking Kira up in my arms, I sonido back to our apartment and into the living room where Luppi and Zomarri were sitting on the couch. “Move.” I growl. They both get up and leave space on the couch for me to set Kira down.

"What happened?” Luppi asks, his voice worried.

"What does it look like? She got stabbed!” I snap at him before turning back to Kira. I lift up her dress to reveal her abdomen. There in the center just above her belly ring, was a long, red slice with blood dripping from it.

"Do you want help with her?” Zomarri ask.

"Get me a towel and water. Now.” I order. How was I going to heal this?

Luppi sets towels and a bucket of water next to me and I get to work washing away the blood. After washing away the blood, I examine the wound.

My eyes widen as I look at the edges of the cut. Flowing around the cut were little red symbols. “Zomarri, what do these symbols mean?” I ask as I lightly run my fingers over the cut.

"Let me see.” I move out of the way so Zomarri can look. He studies them for a few more minutes before sitting back on his heels, a puzzled look on his face.

"What do they mean?” I ask.

Zomarri sighs and looks at me. “It’s a curse.”

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

I feel light shine through my eyelids. I try to sit up but a sharp burning pain shoots through my stomach. A hand pushes me back down lightly. I give up trying to get up, instead I just open my eyes and look to my left. Grimmjow was sitting on the floor next to me, his face sad.

My hand reaches over and caresses the side of his face. Grimmjow looks up and smiles slightly. “How are you feeling?” He asks, taking my hand and rubbing it with his thumb.

"As good as I can be after getting stabbed.” I laugh, but stop when it starts to hurt.

"Take it easy, it was pretty deep. You can’t see it since I bandaged it up.” Grimmjow sighs. “Can I ask you something?” 

I look at him before nodding slowly. “Yeah, sure.” What does he want to ask me?

"What is the curse of the ashes?” Grimmjow asks, his face not showing any emotion.

"You found out. How?” I ask, not surprised that he did find out about the curse.

"When I was cleaning your wound, there were little symbols surrounding it, with one in the center of your cut. I asked Zomarri what it meant and he said it was a curse. The curse of the ashes to be exact.” Grimmjow says as he comes and sits next to me on the couch. “Why are you cursed?”