Chapter 16: Waking up

All around me I hear distant talking. Bright light shines through my eye lids, making me see orange and red. I try to move but can't. Am I dead? No, I can't be.

The last thing I remember was gaining control over my body again and passing out so I must not be dead, hopefully. I take a deep breath before opening my eyes to see a large white room. Where am I?

"Ah Kira, your awake.” I turn my head to the left and see Szayel standing there with a huge needle in his hand.

"What the fuck are you doing with that needle?!” I scream out in terror as I scrunch lower into the bed I was in.

"Oh this thing?” Szayel looks at the needle and shrugs. “I was just about to use it.” He shrugs again.

What is wrong with this man? “On me? Nuh uh!” I cower back into the bed, trying to sink as low as I can.

"No no. On one of me Fraccions, you don’t need a needle. But you do need to take these pills before you leave.” Szayel puts down the giant needle and walks over to me, placing two small pills in my hand.

"What are these for?” I ask as I examine the pills.

"They are just a medication. Take the blue one first then the yellow one. Got it? Once you do that you may leave.” Szayel walks back over to the table with the needle.

I shrug and pop the blue pill into my mouth and swallow it before doing the same to the yellow one. They slide down my throat easily but after they are gone I taste a foul taste in my mouth. “God these taste gross.” My face scrunches up in disgust.

"Here, these are your other pills. They taste better don’t worry. Take the blue one in the morning before you eat. And take the yellow after supper and the red one before you go to bed. Understood?” Szayel hands me a little bottle filled with pills. I nod and slide of the bed, walking over to the door. “Oh yeah, your supposed to go to Aizen’s throne room now.” Szayel says as I walk out the door.

Pocketing the pills, I make my way down the empty corridor and to the throne room. I start humming a random tune as I skip aimlessly down the halls. I come to the throne room doors to see no one there. Odd, usually someone is out here.

Shrugging, I reach up and knock on the door. No answer comes. “Uh, Kira.” I say.

A few seconds later the doors swing open to reveal a whole bunch of Fraccions, Arrancars, and Espada. “Ah Kira. I am so glad your finally awake. Please come here dear.” Aizen motions for me to come to him and I obey.

My gaze travels around the room and I see everyone either whispering to each other or just staring. Weirdo’s. I come to Aizen’s throne and stand before him, looking up at him.

"Yes Aizen?” I ask quietly.

"How are you feeling?” His question surprises me.

"Uh, um, fine I guess. I’m alive so I guess I’m good.” A sheepish laugh escapes my lips.

"That is good. Ulquiorra is alright to in case you were wondering. He sustained a few injuries but nothing that severely injured him. I hope you will fight like that when your little tournament comes up tomorrow.” Aizen smiles at me.

"What? Tomorrow? How long was I out for?” My eyes widen.

"You were out for two and a half days. You missed you daily training yesterday and the day before so you only have today. After this meeting is over, I want you to go train. Stark will be your trainer for today.” Aizen says and I nod, walking over to the side of the room where Ulquiorra was.