Chapter 9: Trust

*EDITED*

Song on the side goes with the scene closer to the end, just so you know. Enjoy.

~Ace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9: Trust

*Kira's P.o.V.*

"Are we there yet?" I whine, getting tired of being carried around for god knows how long. Even though I had told Grimmjow that I had two feet and a heartbeat, he was still adamant about carrying me; grumbling something about how I would run away if he put me down.

At my continued pestering, Grimmjow lets out a low growl, the action rumbling inside his chest. "Would you just shut up? Or else I'm going to throw you into the Menos Forest and leave you there to rot." Grimmjow threatens, his expression blank.

My eyes widen slightly at his statement; he wouldn't do that, would he? Instead of keeping my thoughts to myself, I voice my concern. "You wouldn't." I state in disbelief, still staring at his expressionless face.

"I am the bad guy, you know." He replies, a casual grin working its way onto his lips.

At his remark, a snort of laughter escapes me before I can stop it. "You - a bad guy? Please! You're just a harmless little fly." I joke easily. I quickly regret my words the moment after I say them. Instead of him laughing at my little joke, Grimmjow finds it more hilarious to hang me upside down.

"What was that?" Grimmjow questions, smirking evilly at me as he tightens his grip on my legs so as not drop me; well, I hoped that was what he was doing.

"Grimmjow! Put me down." I exclaim while thrashing my arms around wildly. I try to squirm out of his grip but he was holding to tightly. Damn him for being stronger than I am.

"Now why would I do that after you insulted me? The Menos Forest is sounding quite pleasing right now." Grimmjow states.

Sighing, I look up at him with pleading eyes. "Please, just put me down." I beg, hoping that he would listen.

"You're going to have to try harder than that."

Another sigh escapes my lips as I cross my arms over my chest in defiance - and to keep my shirt from falling downwards. When the smirk on Grimmjow's lips doesn't go away, I know that I had to quit being so stubborn and just give up. "What do you want?"

His smirk brightens, and becomes more devious, at my question. "So nice of you to ask."

"You don't need to be an ass about it." I mutter under my breath, quickly getting fed up with his smart-ass remarks.

"Do you want to hang upside down for the rest of eternity?" He challenges, to which my reply is a quick shake of my head. "Well, then shut up and listen to my offer."

"Fine, go on." I wave my hand, urging him to continue. The faster we negotiated, the faster I would be back on my feet; I was starting to get light-headed and it so did not feel good.

"You will owe me a favour later on. I won't tell you what or when, until the time I wish to collect. Do we have a deal?" He proposes, holding me up higher so we were eye to eye.

I consider the pros and cons of his proposal before nodding slowly. "Put me down, now."

"We have to seal it with a kiss." Grimmjow taunts, grinning wildly at me with his teeth glistening in the light.

"Piss off and put me down." I hiss, glaring at him. He just laughs and complies, flipping me over easily and setting me on my feet.

"Happy now?"