Taste Of Your Own Medicine

While they all ate dessert, I excused myself from the table and got my stuff to take a shower. His words echoed through my head.

Why are you here?!

I don’t want her here!

I couldn’t stop crying. His words kept replaying through my head over and over and over again. I’m so glad I brought my razor. I took it out of the paper it was wrapped in and smiled.

“Hey sweetie, I missed you.”

I kissed it and rubbed it softly on my skin. The coldness sent chills down my spine; such an amazing feeling. I cut myself three times and then took a shower. The sting felt so amazing. I got out the shower and started brushing my teeth. I got out peroxide and dabbed my skin so it can heal and got dressed into an old sweater and some leggings. I walked out the bathroom and slowly tiptoed to my bunk. Some people were sleeping already and I heard some of the boys playing video games. Let me just tell them goodnight before I go to sleep. It sounded like all of them were playing and I heard my name so I got closer to hear what they were talking about.

“Yo man you didn’t have to say it like that.” Ray said.

“Nigga what you talking about?” Chresanto asked.

“Remember what happened at the dinner table?” Ray asked.

“Oh.”

“Yeah you really had hurt her feeling Roc.” Prod said.

“Taste of her own medicine. She got what she deserved and there’s a lot more where that came from.” Chresanto said snickering. Huh? What’s that supposed to mean?

“Chres you better don’t start any drama on this tour.” Prince demanded.

“Whatever could we please change the subject? Good.” I walked in.

“Hey boys goodnight. See ya’ll in the a.m.” Prod and the other boys (except Chresanto of course) got up and gave me a hug.

“You alright?” Ray whispered.

“Let’s just forget that even happened okay?” he nodded.

“Goodnight Chres.” I said and walked back to my bunk. Tomorrow is going to be one long ass day.