Best Friends (Luke Skywalker x Reader)

"Why are you leaving me?" You whined, trailing Luke as he moved about the room trying to gather his things.

"Y/N, I have to," he began, watching as your face turned into frown.

He laughed, "I thought you would be glad to get rid of me!"

You nudged his arm playfully, "I would never want to get rid of you, Skywalker," your voice growing quiet.

"Obi- Wan is going to train me, Y/N. He's going to show me how to use the Force, I'll be a Jedi just like we used to dream about when we were kids."
You stared at him blankly before looking down at the ground.

"They destroyed my home, Y/N. Killed the only family I have left. I have no reason to stay here anymore."

You shot your eyes back up at him, "No reason? No reason!" you were shouting at him now.

"N-no, Y/N, that isn't what I meant–"
"After all we've been through, Luke! Do I really mean that little to you?"

"Y/N, it's not like that. Hey, you and I are a team. Always have been, always will be."

"Not for much longer, now that you're running off with perfect strangers to fight for a cause you only just realised you're a part of."

"Y/N, why are you acting like this? I know you better than I know myself. Why can't you be happy for me?!"

"How can I be happy when the man I love is leading himself right into the hands of death?" You said finally.
It had all come out quickly that it wasn't until you processed what you had said that your cheeks began to redden.

Luke looked equally as surprised as you did at your declaration.

"Luke, I-I, I didn't mean that, I–"
"You love...me?"

You sighed, you couldn't lie to him. You looked him in the eye, nodding slowly.

He sighed too, "you always did have a knack for bad timing, didn't you Y/N?" He smiled sadly.

"Oh come on, Luke. Confessing your love to your best friend only ends well if you know they feel the same way." You heart was beating faster now.

He moved in close to you, cupping both hands on either side of your face. He wiped a tear from you eye with his thumb. Leaning in, he slowly pressed his lips gently against yours.

It was over as soon as it began, but he didn't move from you straight away. Instead he stayed there, your noses brushing slightly.

"Does that answer your question?" He asked you, smiling.

You nodded, putting your hands over his, "just don't get yourself killed out there."

He hugged you tightly and kissed your forehead, "I'll be back, Y/N. When all of this is over, I promise I'll come back from you."
---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!