Forgiveness (Kylo Ren x Reader)

You heard a scream rip through your lungs as you watched the lifeless body of the man who had practically raised you fall at the hands of his own son.

The boy you had grown up with, who you had vowed never to give up on, and had even pictured a future together with had been reduced to the cold-blooded murderer that everyone else thought him to be.

Han Solo was dead and it was your best friend's fault.

You wiped the tears angrily from your eyes, marching towards the bridge where Kylo Ren stood, his light saber still extended.

"BEN!" You shouted, quickening your pace until you stood just metres from him.

He looked up at you, his expression changing, "Y/N, stay back," he warned.
You ignored him, moving closer.

"Y/N, don't do this."

You stopped, the tears flowing freely now, "you killed him," you said weakly, "your own father, Ben."

You saw his eyes glisten at the sight of you in pain, and he retracted his light saber, watching you the entire time.

"You're in an emotional state, Y/N. Don't do something you'll regret," he cautioned you.

You let out an exasperated sigh, "I've never given up on you, Ben," you told him, "after all these years, after everything you've done. I've never doubted that you can return to the light, never questioned that there is still good in you."

"Don't do this, Y/N."

"Do what? Don't believe in you? Don't trust you?"

"Y/N, please-"

"...don't love you?"

At that, he looked up at you, looking defeated.

You wiped the last of your tears away, "Han always treated me like his own daughter, he trained me. You and your parents, you were all the closest people I had to family."

He moved closer, trying to steady you, "Y/N, if you just let me explain. I would never do anything to hurt you."

You brushed him off, "You already have, Ben. There's no good left in you, you've finally succumbed to the dark side. I'm done." You moved your hands towards your light saber, unsheathing it.

He did not draw his own saber, he simply watched as you readied yourself in a fighting stance.

"I refuse to fight you," He said.

"Your own father, Ben. You killed your father."

You watched as a tear escaped his eye, "I had to do it, I didn't have a choice. I had to prove my loyalty to–"

"I don't care what you had to prove! You know more than well that I would've helped you find a way out of it. We were a team, you and I." The tears had begun to flow from your eyes too.

"Were?" He sounded weak now, defeated at the thought of losing the only person he had ever truly cared for because of what he had done.

"I hate you, Kylo Ren," You said with finality, steadying your saber once more.

"I love you, Y/N. Please."

"Don't say that. Don't you dare say that to me now."

"Then don't do this, I can't lose you."

"You already lost me, Ben. You lost me when Han Solo fell from this bridge," you were both in tears and yet there was enough anger still in you to strike him with you saber.

He cried out in pain as you slashed his arm. You struck again, leaving him with another laceration.

"Y/N, enough!" He shouted at you.

You hesitated slightly before narrowing your eyes, "Fight back."

"I could never fight you."

"Fight back!" You shouted this time, holding your arm out towards him. Your command of the force was not nearly as powerful as his, and yet you had mustered enough concentration to extend your powers of control onto him.

Something in his expression changed, his face hardened and he drew his light saber out.

Your weapons met in a loud, electrical clanging. You began to fight, moving forwards and backwards whilst still maintaining balance in the bridge that felt like it was getting more and more narrow.

He moved to strike your neck but you ducked swiftly, tripping him from behind his knees. His legs buckled and he fell to the ground, your light saber piercing through his middle.

He turned a cold pale, snapping out of the spell-like state you had put him under. You rushed to his to soften his fall onto the hard metal of the bridge.
You held his head in your arms as he breathing slowed down.

You began to cry once more.

"Y/N..."

"Shhh," you calmed him, sensing that the end was near.

"I, I f-forgive you," he struggled to speak.

You closed your eyes, blinking the tears away. When you opened them you saw his hand trying to move towards you. You took it and held it close to his face.

"I will always love you, Y/N", he whispered to you. You kissed his hand and slowly placed back beside him, "and...I'm sorry that you lost faith in me."

You were lost for words, and before you mustered enough strength to speak, his eyes had closed and his breathing had stopped. You held him tightly in your arms, weeping for the loss of the man you had known most of your life. You gazed upon his face one last time.

It was the most peaceful he had looked in years.

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!