Rekindle (Poe Dameron x Reader)

"Y/N? Y/N! Are you listening to me?" General Organa's voice snapped you out of your daydream.

"Sorry, what did you say?" You asked her, confusedly.

She sighed, "Y/N, is this mission going to be a problem for you?"

"N-no General Organa, of course not, I promise," you straightened yourself up, trying to sound convincing.

She smiled at you, "Well, for the record, Poe seems a lot more nervous than you do."

Your eyes widened and you opened your mouth to protest, Leia put a hand on your shoulder and left the room quietly.

This time, you sighed. General Organa needed this mission to be carried out by the best of the best. Unfortunately for you, that meant being paired up with Poe Dameron as pilot and you as chief mechanical engineer. But besides that, Leia regarded you both as some of her best fighters and for that reason she assigned you both to the task.

You heard footsteps approach you from behind.

"Y/N," Poe said, nodding once at you before brushing by and walking towards his X- Wing.

"Poe..." You began, trailing off when you realised you didn't know what to say to him.

He gestured for you to come over to him. You obliged.

"Wait, we're flying in that?" You blurted out, looking at the aircraft. He glanced towards you, surprised.

"Hmmm," Poe seemed preoccupied, trying to fix something on the main console of the cockpit.

"Here, let me do it," He held you by the waist, helping you climb into the seat as he moved into the back. Your stomach fluttered at his touch.

You cleared your throat and held out your hand, gesturing it towards him. He gave you the wrench.

You began to work on fixing the component while Poe spoke behind you, "I had the interior adjusted so we could both fit, there's two seats now, see?"

You looked over your shoulder to see him sitting in the second seat, "Is there enough room for BB-8 still?"

"Y/N, I don't know why you're getting so worried about it. Besides, it's not like we haven't both been in that thing together before– and that's when there was only one seat," He winked at you, a smirk playing on his lips.

You stopped what you were doing, your face flushing bright red, "Dameron!"

You exclaimed, hitting him playfully.
"Fine, fine!," he said, laughing at your reaction, "You have to admit, we had a pretty good run, you and I."

You looked up at him nodding your head slowly, "we really did." His face became solemn. Moments passed between you in complete silence as you continued to work on the console.

"Done," you announced to yourself proudly.

He leaned over your shoulder as you were finishing up with the adjustments, "Your skills never cease to amaze me, Y/N," he commented.

You turned in your seat to face him, "Good. I'm the best engineer this galaxy has ever seen," you teased.

He laughed, moving in closer, "You're the most beautiful engineer this galaxy has ever seen too," his voice was barely above a whisper.

He put a cool hand to your cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb. You smiled at him, and he moved his head to place his forehead against yours.

Your breathing faltered and the colour returned to your cheeks, "Poe, we can't."

His mouth slid to the side of your neck.
"I still love you, Y/N," Poe mumbled against your skin.

Your heart rate began to increase at a rapid rate as his lips moved slowly towards your mouth.

You gave in, finally releasing the emotions you had tried so hard to keep bottled up for so long. You moved your hands, placing them behind his neck as your lips met. The familiar feeling sent shivers through your body as you stayed connected for what felt like a blissful eternity.

He tilted his head back from you, smiling contentedly, "Y/N, I want to give this another shot," He told you.

"Poe, stop. You know we can't..." You trailed off as he took his hands in yours, pressing them to his lips.

"Do you love me, Y/N?"

You gazed into his eyes, finally giving in to him, "I never stopped."

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!