The First Date (Ben Solo x Reader)

Author's Note: So once again, this can be read as pre- Dark Side Ben, as an AU in which Ben never turned into Kylo or honestly whatever makes you happy! The choice is yours, hope you enjoy :)
---------------------------------------------

"Are you nervous?" You asked, raising your eyebrow as you took in Ben's expression.

"Nervous? N-no, not at all," he stuttered in response, "What um... what makes you say that?"

You stifled a laugh, "Because that's the first thing you've said in like, ten minutes."

Ben processed that for a moment before breaking into a grin, "Well I suppose you're right, Y/N. Sorry," he gently ran his fingers through your hair, "I just don't want to say the wrong thing, you know?" Ben had you wrapped in his embrace, both of you resting against a tall tree trunk hidden away from the Jedi Temple.

You nestled your head against his chest, "In all the years I've known you Ben Solo, when have you ever said the wrong thing to me?"

"I don't know, sweetheart, it's just that I..." he sighed, " I don't want to ruin what we have before we even know what it is."

"Ruin it?" You scoffed, "Ben– and don't laugh at me for saying this– but when I'm with you, I'm the happiest person in the Galaxy."

"That's just it, Y/N. What if us finally being together changes things for the worse?"

You furrowed your eyebrows. It wasn't like him to get so worried over something. "Well I can promise you that's impossible," you smiled, looking up and inching closer to his face, "I'm planning to have you in my life for a very long time."

Ben grinned, finally relaxing as he cupped your cheek. He needed to hear you say it, "You don't know how lucky I am to have you, Y/N," he said, lowering down to press his lips to yours.