Like Father Like Son (Kylo Ren x Reader)

"You need to work on your form," Kylo instructed as he paced up and down the training room, observing the Knights.

You were sitting on a bench against the back wall of the room, browsing through your datapad with your son's head resting on your lap.

You didn't particularly enjoy watching Kylo get frustrated by his fellow Knights, but your son, Oliver, loved to see his Daddy 'working'.

"Can I play with Daddy now?"

"Daddy isn't playing, Ollie," you smiled kindly at him, stroking his hair gently, "You can go over to him when he's done, okay?"

"–NOT like that you imbecile!"

You jumped slightly at the sound of Kylo's yell, directed at one of the Knights. At least his helmet wasn't on– his voice sounded slightly less menacing without it.

You quickly looked down to your son, who seemed completely unfazed. Instead he giggled, "Daddy is so funny."

You raised an eyebrow at him before you realised Kylo was coming over to you.

"Sorry, am I being too loud?" Kylo said as he approached you. It was remarkable how easily his tone shifted when he was talking to you.

"We're sitting in on your training session, be as loud as you want," you grinned.

Kylo nodded before looking down at Ollie, "And how is my little Knight doing? Giving Mummy any trouble?"

Oliver sat up from your lap and hugged Kylo's leg eagerly, "I want to play too!"

Kylo laughed, "Come on then, let's give your mother a little break."

You placed a hand over Kylo's as he began to turn away, "Don't encourage him Kylo," you whispered harshly.
"He'll be fine, love. Won't you, Ol?"

Oliver nodded eagerly, "I want to play with your Lightsaber, Daddy!"

Oliver reached for the Lightsaber hanging on Kylo's belt but he easily distracted his son away from it.

"How about you use my practice Lightsaber?"

"Kylo!" You glared.

He gave you a reassuring smile, as if to say, I won't let our son get hurt.

You sighed as you watched your two boys saunter off to Kylo's weapon cabinet, hand in hand.

...

"You all need to be lighter on your feet–"

"Like this, Daddy?"

Kylo turned from the group of Knights to see his son dancing around with a training Lightsaber.

You looked up from datapad and smiled as you watched Kylo go over to him.

"Good work, pal," he laughed, scuffing up the top of Oliver's head, "Maybe ease off on swinging it around too much, you could still get hurt.

"Then Mummy will get mad at you," Ollie laughed.

"Exactly" Kylo winked at him.

"–And that was not an invitation for you to use a training Lightsaber!" Kylo said as his attention quickly shifted to two Knights who were now mock fighting.

"See what Daddy has to put up with, Ollie?" Kylo said as he turned back to his son, "Idiots," he muttered.

"Idiots," Oliver repeated.

Kylo grinned. "Keep practicing, I'll be back in a minute."

Oliver resumed waving around the Lightsaber and you looked up from your datapad. You frowned when you realised Kylo was still letting him use it.

You couldn't bare to keep watching– afraid he would hurt himself.
You gasped loudly when all of a sudden you saw Oliver swipe a little too close to his face for your liking. You quickly stood up and made your way over to him, Kylo occupied with something the Knights had done wrong. You swiftly took the Lightsaber from your son's hands, who surprisingly only protested slightly. He probably knew he was pushing his luck.

...

"You must obey your Commander!" You stifled a laugh as Oliver came running up behind the Knights with his arm extended out to them as if to use the Force. All the while, he was trying to balance his head– on which he had decided to wear his father's helmet.

You stood up immediately and went over to your son. You were relived when you took that lightsaber from him but by no means did you expect him to come up with this instead. Maybe he was taking this a little too seriously for a five year old.

Kylo had an amused look on his face as he crouched down, ready to pick Oliver up as he ran towards him.

"What are you looking at? Back to work!" Oliver said after Kylo had lifted him up.

Kylo looked proud as he saw the firm expression on Oliver's little face. He gave him another wink before turning to the Knights, "You heard him, boys. Now back to work!"

"Chop chop... idiots!" Oliver added, giggling to himself at the sound of his new favourite word.

Kylo chuckled as he quickly exchanged glances with you. You gave him a stern expression and he immediately wiped the grin off his face.

You made your way over to them just as Kylo lifted his helmet off Oliver's head, "That's wasn't a very nice thing to say, Ollie."

"But you let me say it before!" He whined.

"Yeah, that was before your mother heard us," Kylo mumbled to Ollie and the two of them laughed.

"Besides, you should be saving all your insults for when Hux arrives," Kylo said a little louder, knowing you would hear.

You rolled your eyes, playfully hitting both of them on the back of the heads, "What am I going to do with you two boys?"

"What can I say, love?" Kylo smirked as he kissed your cheek, "Like father like son."