Part 1

I stare at her without blinking. I'm afraid if I blink the tears are going to fall. "You're going to what?" My voice comes out as a whisper but my anger has built up inside me, I'm going to explode any minute.

"Are you for real, mom?" My sister asks, she looks confused but not mad. Why isn't she mad? "Yes. I know I said it was a temporary thing but, I fell for him. So hard. And he loves me, I know he-"

"Loves you? You've only gone out with him like twice! Mom what is wrong with you?" I scream and this time the tears do fall. "Nicole, don't raise your voice at me. You were okay with us going out so I don't see what's the big deal now."

"What do you mean what's the big deal? You're getting married and we haven't even met the guy!" I cover my eyes because I don't want to cry. Not in front of my mother, or my sister or my brother.

"Nicole, you're going to meet him. I just told you I invited him over. We were going to announce it to you kids and his kids at dinner," oh God, he's got kids?

"but I decided to tell y'all a little early. I didn't expect you to be all angry. I thought you'd be happy for me." My moms voice sounds sad. I was happy for her, when she said she was going on a date with some dude she met on a Christian dating website.

I was happy because she was going to go out just one night. She barely goes out on dates and when she does she always gets disappointed of the guy or loses interest.

I thought that guy was just going to be like that. But no. They're getting married. "We don't want a stepfather, or step-siblings, right guys?" I say finally looking at my mom.

I wait for JJ and Brie to agree with me but they stay silent. I turn to look at them, "Guys?" I say in shock. JJ looks at the floor and Brie gives me a sympathetic smile, "I think if mom is happy then we should be happy for her." JJ nods his head and I groan.

"Brie! Come on! You're my twin! You're suppose to think like me!" I scream, "Nicole, just because we are twins doesn't mean we have to be alike. Don't be selfish and let mom be happy. Stop behaving like that!"

I want to say so many things. I want to scream how stupid Brie and JJ are. I want to scream how stupid moms decision is to marry a stranger she barely knows. But I can't. I'm so, so, angry that no words come out.

I just feel a burning sensation in my stomach that goes up to my throat causing me to get a knot. I swallow hard trying to stop myself from sobbing.

"Nicole, honey-" mom stops talking when she hears a knock on the door. She quickly looks at me as if telling me "wipe you're tears and fake a smile".

I do wipe my tears because I don't want that asshole to see them. He's probably just going to take advantage of my mom. Like my father did.

"Kathy!" A man with beard says hugging my mom. He looks Hispanic, maybe he is but its hard to tell. He's a little tan, tall, and has a stupid grin on his face.

"Hey Alex." She kisses his cheek and I want to gag right then and there. "These pretty little ladies are your twins, right? And this handsome young man your son." Brie and JJ smile at him and I curse them under my breath.

"Yes, Alex. This is Nicole-" I interrupt mom, "Nikki." I say and she gives me a warning look. Truth is I don't mind mom calling me Nicole, Nikki is just a nickname but I want to show her that I'm angry.

"Brianna, and JJ." Alex pulls me in for a hug and I pull away quickly feeling grossed out. He hugs Brie and JJ too. Gross.

"Where are your boys?" Mom asks. Alex smiles, "I told them to wait outside for a second, I wanted to meet your kids first." He walks over to the door and yells out something.

Ten seconds later a dude walks. He looks like he's about thirteen. Dark brown hair and dark eyes. "This is Brandon," Alex says and Brandon shakes Bries and JJ's hand, he tries to shake mine but I pretend I don't see him. "And this is Seth." Another dude walks in.

He looks older than his brother. Older than Brie and I. He's also got dark hair and dark eyes. His brother and him almost like twins. Except this guy, is taller.

He doesn't come over to say hey to us or anything even though his dad clearly tells him too. It's not like I care anyways because I don't want to shake his hand and I don't want to pretend like I'm okay with this because I'm not.
~
We sit on the dinner table and I try to sit at the very edge. So I won't have to deal with Brie, JJ, Brandon, mom and Alex laughing and talking like they've known each other forever.

I'm poking my food when I hear a dish slam on the table in front of me. Seth sits down and starts eating his food without saying a word. He still hasn't taken off his beanie that he's been wearing since he got here.

He looks up at me, "What are you looking at?" He sounds annoyed but gosh, his voice is deep and manly. "Nothing." I manage to say.

We stare at each other like its a staring contest. His face breaks into a smile and I'm shocked. He looked a dead zombie a few minutes ago and then he was annoyed but now he's smiling?

"What are you smiling at?" I ask angrily staring at his dumb face. "You've got a little something." He points to my face and I touch my cheek. Have I been having sauce on there this whole time?

I wipe it with a napping quickly feeling the blood go to my cheeks. "No need to blush, babe." He says. I almost choke on my own saliva. Babe?

"Don't call me that." I say looking over at my mom hoping she will look over and see that this perv called me babe but she's too busy drooling over Alex and listening to his stories.

"What's wrong with that?" He asks. "That's inappropriate. We're going to be step-siblings." He laughs and I get chills, his laugh makes me want to say something funny so I can hear it again. It's kinda contagious.

"I wasn't hitting on you, trust me. Aren't you like nine?" He says, I raise my eyebrows slightly offended.

"I'm eleven. How old are you? Like sixteen?" He smirks, "fifteen." He doesn't fight back which bothers me. I want to win this but somehow it feels like he won. Right after he says that he keeps eating his food and he stays silent for the rest of the dinner.

>>Hey guys! So this is my new Neth Bellins story. It's going to be kinda weird, I included Seths dad and his brother in this story. I don't know much about his father or brother, so I kinda made up the names. This story will revolve around them adapting their new lifestyle. In this story they're going to grow up as the chapters go on. So what did you Neth Bellins fans thought of this first glance at my story? Hope you guys liked it! xoxo