Part 43

Seth's point of view;

"Where's Nikki?" I ask as Brie walks down the stairs. "Nikki's coming down. She's not very excited about the party because she doesn't want one."

"But why not?" I ask as I hear footsteps. "Same reason you didn't want one." Nikki says rolling her eyes.

She's wearing a lovely white dress that hugs every inch of her body perfectly. "Ugh come on Nicole cheer up. Our friends will be over." Brie says as she walks away.

"What're you looking at?" Nikki asks. "What made me love thee? Let that persuade thee there's something extraordinary in thee. I cannot but love thee. None but thee. And thou deserve it."

"Shakespeare?" She asks with a grin. I nod my head smiling as she comes down the last step. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." She says as her cheeks turn pink. I'm too busy looking at her that I don't hear Kathy walk to us.

"Nikki! I love that dress on you." Nikki steps away from me as she smiles at her mom. "Thanks mom. You look great."

"I tried. Some of your friends are here!" She says excitedly. "Oh would you love at you, Seth. You look handsome."

"Thank you, Kathy." I answer as she grins. "I'm so happy you two are getting along better. It's wonderful to see my kids bond."

When she says he word my kids my smile disappears. Nikki looks at me and she has the same uncomfortable look on her face. The fact that she said that makes me nauseous.

Am I wrong for loving my step sister? Probably. Am I wrong for desiring to kiss her soft lips? Probably. Am I going to continue to love her no matter what? Probably.

"Happy birthday Nikki!" Renee says running to hug her. She's got a present on her hand and hands it to her. "You shouldn't have." Nikki says quietly.

"It was no problem. I hope you like it! Brie loved her present." Renee says. "I'm sure I will." Nikki replies staring at the purple glittery bag. "Open it open it." Renee says with a grin.

Nikki slowly opens the bag and takes out a red folded fabric. She extends it and it's a dress. A skin tight dress.

"It looks too small." Nikki says as her ears get red. "It's not. It looks small but it stretches. It'll fit you." Renee says with a smile.

Nikki forces herself to smile and nods, "Thank you." She puts the dress back on the bag. "Come on Nikki. Nattie and Paige are here too." Kathy says pulling Nikki away.

"Hey Seth." Renee says as I watch Nikki walk away with Kathy. "Hey. How are you?" She smiles shrugging, "Good I suppose. How are you? I'm very sorry about your knee injury."

I look down at my knee, "I'm good. I'm trying to recover. And thank you. Brie told me you went to see me at the hospital but I was sleeping."

"Yeah. I just wanted to check up on you." She says. "Renee..." my voice trails off because I don't know what to say. I don't know what to tell her.

"You don't have to say anything. I'm working on it." I nod my head. She's working on forgetting about me. And she should. She needs to find someone who likes her.

<<••>>

The dinner table is beyond packed with food. There's about everything here. Nikki's and Brie's closest friends are here.

"Okay well we should get started." Kathy says as she grabs her cup of wine. Suddenly the bell rings. "Ooh! Must be another of your friends." She says looking at Nikki and Brie.