Part 47

Seth's point of view;

I'm sitting on a chair staring at my phone screen and at the many text messages I've sent Nikki.

Maybe she changed her phone and that's why she hasn't replied. Or maybe she's just ignoring me.

Either way it hurts. I feel like I have this huge hole in my heart. Every time I breathe, every time I blink, I think of her.

I sit for hours thinking of what went wrong. I guess I should've seen this coming. Nicole did tell me she was using me. Yet I still let her do it.

That was my biggest mistake. I should've stopped, I should've turned away and never gotten closer to her.

Now all I do is dread over the memories drowning my mind. How does she want me to forget her? How?

How does she want me to pretend nothing happened between us? How can I pretend I never saw her soul? How can she pretend she never saw my soul?

Because that's the truth. We showed each other our souls. We told each other our problems. We kept each other company in the worst times. We made each other smile. We made each other feel safe... happy.

I would give anything just to have her back in my life. I wouldn't mind being used. I wouldn't mind being her friend. Or whatever she wants me to be. I'll be that. I just need her back.

"Hey baby!" Paige says as she sits on my lap and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey Paige." I say zooming out of my misery.

"I'm so glad to see you! I'm glad you're here. You had an interview right?" She asks. "Right." I say as Layla walks by us.

She gives me a look and I'm guessing she's going to run and tell Renee. But Renee knows how Paige is. She knows how crazy, outgoing and flirty she is.

"How's your knee?" She asks. "Well it's better. You're actually sitting on it." Paige jumps up immediately. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know!"

I chuckle, "Just kidding." She punches me on the arm. Not a fake punk. A real punch. "Come on I needed to laugh at something." I say rubbing my sore arm.

She sits beside me this time. "Well I'm glad I'm entertaining to you." I sigh and she looks at me. "Are you okay? You seem down."

"I'm just sad." I admit. "What's wrong? Well if I can know?" She asks. "I'm madly in love with this girl. I don't think she loves me though. Actually I'm a hundred percent sure she doesn't love me."

"Oh. This is serious." She says. "What? Did you think it wasn't serious?" I ask and she nods. "Well I mean I wasn't expecting this. You're hot you know? I always thought you could get any girl you want."

"Why thank you for the compliment but in this case this girl does not want me." I say thinking of Nikki. "Who is she?"

"That I can't say. But I'm sure if you knew her you'd love her." Paige does lover her. She's basically Nikki's best friend besides Brie.

"Ooh. Well if you say so." She says casually popping a bubble with her gum. "So Paige. Have you talked to Nikki?"

I'm dying to know if she has any information on her. I've been talking to Brie a lot asking her about Nikki but she says Nikki doesn't want to talk.

Kathy, dad, Brandon and JJ visit her often. Every time they go I make up an excuse because I know she doesn't want to see me.

If she doesn't answer my calls or texts I know she certainly doesn't want to see me. "Yeah. I actually talked to her yesterday."

"Is she okay?" I ask. "Haven't you talked to her?" She says raising her eyebrow. "Well not lately. I've been doing lots of rehab."

"Oh well she's fine. At least that's what she says. She sounds really sad though." My heart starts feeling a pain that spreads to my chest. "Sad?"

The least thing I want in the world is for Nikki to be sad. "Yes. She has a very low self esteem." Paige says. "Why do you say that?"

"Because she constantly talks about being ugly and stuff like that. Now that she has a neck brace she told me how awful she looks and stuff. I don't know I'm worried about her. She also told me she wants to talk to no one."

"I don't understand why she's being that way." I say quietly. "Me either. I told her she needs to be with her family so she can feel better."

"Could you try to convince her to do that? Please. I've already tried and so has the family but she doesn't want to."

"I mean I'll try but Nikki is very stubborn." I scoff, "Tell me about it." Paige nods and she gets up. "Well I have to go get ready. Make sure to watch my match! Bye hottie." She blows me a kiss and walks away.

<<••>>

I'm walking to my car when I see Renee standing beside it. "Hey?" I say in a questioning tone.

She has a serious look on her face. "Why didn't you tell me?" She doesn't sound mad but she's getting there.

"What?" I say. "That Paige and you are a thing? Is that why you didn't give me a chance?" She suddenly looks sad and I feel guilty once again.

"No. Paige and I aren't a thing. You know how Paige is. She's very flirty but trust me there's nothing between us."

"Then can I know who it is?" She whispers. "Renee." You really don't want to know. "Please. I just need to know. I really want to get over you Seth but I can't. I just can't."

"I love Nicole." Her eyes widen and she looks shocked. "What Nicole?" She asks. "As in my step sister Nicole."

Renee doesn't say anything. She just stands there quiet looking at the ground. "Oh." She says after a while.

"So are you two a thing?" Her voice is shaky and it sounds like she's going to cry. "No. I don't think she feels the same way for me."

"Okay." She replies looking at the ground again. "I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I'm really sorry."

She looks up and she has tears on her eyes. My heart sinks and I feel like a bigger douche now. "I'm so sorry." I say. She wipes her tears. "It's fine."

She walks way and I don't try to stop her. I don't try to convince her not to tell anyone what I just told her.

Because at this point I don't even care. She can go scream it to the world. I don't care. At this point all I want is to have Nikki in my arms.

Is that selfish of me? Probably. I'm making Renee miserable and I'm craving to have Nikki beside me again.

Maybe I am selfish.