Part 48

Nikki's point of view;

"Mom is going to be so excited." Brie says clapping her hands together. "Yeah." I reply as she walks out of the bathroom.

She has a beautiful black dress on that has her back exposed. She's wearing red lipstick and her hair is up in a bun.

When she sees me lying on the bed she frowns. "Are you not going to get ready?" She asks. "I really don't want to go." I say quietly.

My mom wants to throw a celebration dinner for Seth and I. Seth can finally go back to wrestling. I'm still not clear but according to the doctor I should be ready to return in a few months.

She wants all of us to be there. All of the family of course. Brie is really excited about it but I'm not.

I'm not ready to see Seth. It's been a few months since I haven't talked or seen him. Six months to be exact.

I still don't feel ready to see him. I have been going to WWE signings with Brie and every time I do I always try to avoid him. He hasn't tried to contact me anymore which somehow makes me sad.

"Come on, Nicole. Don't be this way. The dinner is for Seth and you. How can you not be there?"

I groan and try to get up from the bed. "Are you okay?" She asks holding me while I get up. "Yeah. Just got a little dizzy."

"Have you ate anything?" She asks. "Of course." I say walking to the closet. If I look at her she will know I'm lying about eating.

"Remember you have to keep yourself healthy. Even though you can workout again you still have to eat well."

"I know." I say as I pull out a random dress. It happens to be the white dress I wore for my birthday.

"What're you looking at?" I ask as he stares at me. "What made me love thee? Let that persuade thee there's something extraordinary in thee. I cannot but love thee. None but thee. And thou deserve it."

"Shakespeare?" I say with a grin feeling my ears get hot. Seth nods his head smiling. I walk down the last step and he whispers to me, "You look stunning."

"Are you going to wear that?" Brie asks. "I don't think so." I whisper looking at the dress feeling a knot form on my throat.

"Brie could you come here for a sec? I can't find my shoes." Roman says. "Be right there sweetie! I'm going to help Roman, okay? But you get ready because we leave in thirty minutes."

Brie walks out of the room and I stand there still looking at the dress. My eyes finally can't take it and I feel warm tears rolling down my cheek.

The dress is too much memories. I shove it back in the closet and pull out a dark blue dress instead.

<<••>>

"This should be fun." Roman says as he turns off the car. I get off from the back seat and sigh staring at the house.

I haven't been here in months. Since my surgery. My mom and the family visit me often. Except for Seth.

Brie and Roman hold hands and they start walking. I look at my reflection on the car and feel disgust at what I'm seeing.

  "Aren't you coming, Nicole?" Brie says. I stop staring and walk behind them. When we walk in my mom instantly runs to hug me.

Everyone is here but not Seth. I feel this thing in my chest. What if he didn't want to be here because of me?

As JJ is hugging me I see Seth walking down the stairs. I holding breath and feel my heart beating faster.

After not seeing him for months he still has this effect on me. "Seth! Look they're here." Alex says.

Brie hugs Seth and then Roman greets him. Seth looks at me. I feel my knees get shaky. "Aren't you going to say hey?" Brandon says braking the silence.

"Hey." Seth says. I don't respond and just stare at him. I haven't heard his voice in so long. It makes me want to hear more.

"That's it? No hug?" Mom says. When Seth steps closer to me I feel myself freeze. He leans in and gives me a hug.

I close my eyes as I feel his arms around me once again. Feeling his warmth against me makes my heart flutter.

He quickly pulls away and I open my eyes snapping back to reality. "Well we should head to the living room to talk a bit." Mom says.

I'm walking to the kitchen when Seth grabs my hand. I don't pull away because I've missed his touch.

"Can I have a minute? I promise it'll be quick." He says. I pull way suddenly when I see JJ glance at us.

"No." I reply walking to the living room. I take a seat beside Brandon. "So what have you done Nikki?" Alex asks.

"Nothing much. I've been working out. The doctor said I can finally work out." Mom smiles, "Then maybe you can move in with us now. We miss you."

"I don't know." I reply as I feel Seth stare at me. "Why not?" Alex asks. "Because she wants to be alone dad. Haven't you heard? She wants to be alone. She doesn't want to be around no one." Seth replies.

He sounds a bit angry and hurt. "But I'm sure Nikki-" Seth cuts off Alex. "No. I don't think so dad. She doesn't want to even talk to us anymore."

I look at Seth and he looks at me. We stare at each other for a few seconds. "So Brie how're you feeling about your Wrestlemania match?" JJ asks breaking the awkward silence and the tension.

"I'm feeling good. I've been training extra hard." She says holding Romans hands. Brie has decided to retire after Wrestlemania.

She's ready to start a family with Roman. I'm very happy for her but I'm also sad. Sad because I won't share the ring with her anymore.

"That's great honey." Mom says. I bite the inside of my cheek as I look at Seth. I can't help but to look.

This time instead of me looking away he looks away.