Part 42

Nikki's point of view;

"I love you."

"How can you ask me not to fall in love when you're everything I want?"

"Nicole. Nicole." Brie says. I look at her, "Huh?" She frowns pressing her lips together. "Have you not been listening to what I've told you?"

"No. Sorry." I say sheepishly. "What're you thinking about huh? Is it your secret lover?" She chuckles. "What? What are you talking about?"

I'm trying to hide the panic in my voice but it's impossible. "The guy you went out with the other night? You never told us who he is."

"I haven't told you because it doesn't matter." She raises her eyebrows, "Okay if you say so. Then what're you thinking about?"

"I don't know." Everything. "You're crazy." She says laughing. "I know." Brie stops laughing, "I was kidding."

"I know. Anyways what were you saying?" I say as we keep watching people go by. We're at a live event in Dublin, Ireland. Brie is suppose to wrestle tonight.

Since I've been having trouble with my neck lately I can't wrestle. The neck injury caused the end of my title reign. I'm still very sad about it but I couldn't keep wrestling. Not while I was hurting anyways.

Brie told me, Seth told me, my closest friends told me. They told me to take care of it before it was too late. Here I am with no title and with neck pain.

I'm supposed to get surgery soon. Which terrifies me. It's a dangerous surgery and I could be paralyzed if it's not done right.

"Okay so mom wants to throw us a birthday party." Brie says. "Huh? Aren't we a little too old for that?"

"Well yes. But she is planning it already. We'll be home by then and it'll be before your surgery. So it'll work out."

"But I really don't-" I'm not even done saying my sentence because we hear the crowd. I get up and my heart speeds up.

"That didn't sound good." Brie says. "What do you think happened?" I ask. Seth is having a match with Kane right now. It sounded like something bad happened.

We then see paramedics rush in. "Something bad must've happened." Brie says chewing on her nail nervously. "Do you think it's Seth?" She asks.

"No. Don't say that." My heart starts swelling and it feels like it could burst. "Oh gosh." She says. I'm biting the inside of my lip.

When I see that it's Seth being rushed I feel my heart sink. "Seth!" Brie says. "What - what happened?" She asks the paramedics.

I walk to Seth and feel my throat get a knot. He's sweating, panting, and he looks like he wants to cry. Literally.

"Seth?" I whisper. He looks at me and smiles. It's not a happy smile. It's a pain smile. "I'm okay." He breathes out.

"Are you sure?" I say as my eyes fill up with tears. "I'm - I'm fine." He chokes out. I feel my tears spill and I can't stop them.

"It's okay. I'll be fine." He says as he makes a face. They start taking him away and I turn to Brie. "What did they say?" I ask realizing that I hadn't listen to a word they said.

"They think he tore something on his knee." She says with a worried look. "Hey what happened?" Roman says as he approaches us.

Brie hugs him and I stay there feeling my insides turn into knots.

<<••>>

"Yes mom. He's okay. They had to do surgery on him but he will be fine. Yes. Tell Alex he's fine. Yeah he's going to go home of course." Brie says on the phone.

I walk up to the lady in front of the desk at the same time Dean does. "Can I see him?" Dean asks. "Yes. He's right down the hall. Room 35."

Dean then looks at me. "Never mind. I'll let the lady see him first." He says with a smile and walks to sit down.

Does he know? Probably. I nervously walk down the hall as Brie continues to talk to mom. I knock on the door once I get there.

After I knock on the door I open it and slowly peek in. Seth is awake and he smiles. "Come on in my gorgeous lady."

"How're you feeling?" I ask as I walk in and close the door. "Could be better." He says as he looks at his knee.

I sit on the bed being careful not to hurt his knee. "What happened?" He chuckles, "Okay so I was attempting to do a sunset flip powerbomb on Kane and landed right on my knee."

"Why're you laughing? It's not funny!" I say and he nods. "I know. I just don't want to bring myself down anymore."

"How long will you be out of action?" I ask biting the inside of my cheek. "Six to nine months." He says quietly. "Welcome to my world." I reply with a sigh.

"Sucks." He says sadly. "So I'm guessing you're going to have to give up your title?" He nods his head. "Unfortunately."

"It's okay. It'll be okay." He says with a smile. "How're you okay with all of this? I'm still devastated about losing my title."

"I'm devastated too. I'm just trying to be strong." He says. I smile caressing his cheek softly. "Do you care about me Nicole?"

"What?" I ask pulling my hand away. "Do you care about me?" He asks. "Well... yes. I suppose."

"I saw you crying when they were carrying me out. That gave me strength to get through the pain. Those tears made me stronger. Thank you."

I smile sheepishly as his smile gets bigger. "Can I have a kiss, Nicole?" I stop smiling and look down at my hands.

He moves his hand to touch mine and I look him in the eyes. "Please." He whispers. I look around and then at him.

When I lean in to kiss him he closes his eyes. Every time we kiss I always keep my eyes opened.

I'm afraid if I close them I will end up feeling things I shouldn't.

There's a knock on the door and I pull away abruptly getting up from the bed. "Can we come in?" Brie says as her and Roman walk in.

"Well you guys are already in." Seth chuckles. "Well I'll umm. I'll go out." I say walking towards the door. "No you can stay." Brie says.

"No. I've already talked to him." Brie turns to Seth and walks with Roman towards the bed.

As I'm walking out the door I look at Seth who's smiling and looking at me.