Part 52

Nikki's point of view;

The cold water on my skin makes me shiver. The water on the tub is bloody because of my hand.

I should've probably put something on it so the bleeding would stop. But I'm just really tired. I want to sleep.

Maybe falling asleep on the tub will help. Who knows. I glance at the laxative bottle on the counter.

As I try to get up to turn off the faucet a sharp pain shoots through my stomach. I quickly lay back down against the tub.

If I move it hurts terribly. The water starts spilling getting all over the floor. I laugh as I think how bad Brie would freak out.

She's going to kick me out for sure if she finds out about this. I should probably clean it up and I should turn off the faucet.

But it hurts too much to get up. I lay as I stare at my not bloody hand. It's purple almost blue. The cold water is making my body feel really numb.

I hear my phone ring for the millionth time. Who can it be? Maybe Renee calling again to finish telling me how amazing Seth is.

I can't answer the phone though because it's somewhere on the floor beside my bed. I close my eyes as I hear the soothing water spill from the tub.

"What made me love thee? Let that persuade thee there's something extraordinary in thee. I cannot but love thee. None but thee. And thou deserve it."

I feel myself smile at the thought of it. "I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is that not strange?" I say out loud.

At first I laugh. Laugh at the thought of him saying that but then I start crying while laughing.

It's both painful but pleasurable to remember those moments. It's a love-hate feeling. It kills me but somehow makes me feel better.

"Nicole?" A voice says. I slightly turn my head. Am I hearing voices again? "Nicole! Nikki, open the door. It's me, Seth."

Seth? He's violently knocking on the bathroom door. "Nikki. Are you okay? Nikki answer me! There's water all over the floor."

He sounds so paranoid and scared. I start breathing heavy as I hear him kick the door. When he does he immediately kneels on the wet floor.

"Oh my gosh. Nicole." He turns off the faucet with his shaky hands. "Nikki. Why are you bleeding? Oh gosh."

He helps me up from the tub as he gets up.  "The water is freezing, Nicole. What were you thinking?"

He puts me on the bed and grabs a blanket. Then he wraps it around me. I'm shaking violently and my teeth are chattering.

"I ... I was trying to take a shower." I say slowly. He picks me up again. "A shower? With freezing cold water? And with clothes? I don't think you were trying to do that."

"Whe- where are you taking me?" I ask as I lay on his chest. "To the hospital. You're bleeding. And I'm sure you did something else."

I shake my head. I don't want to go to the doctor. I'm trying to tell him I don't want to but I can't speak.

He opens the passenger door and puts me down. I'm still shivering because I'm literally freezing.

"Seth I'm - I'm o-okay." I say in between shivers. "Nicole you're not okay." He still sounds like he's panicking.

"I'm fine." I repeat closing my eyes. "Nikki what did you do?" He asks as he begins driving. "Nikki? Nikki?"

His voice seems like it keeps getting further and further away. Even though he's right here beside me.

I feel him lightly shaking me. He keeps repeating my name over and over. I want to answer him and tell him I'm okay.

But I'm too cold. I'm so, so, cold. And very sleepy. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. My eyelids feel so heavy. It's impossible for me to hold them open.

I'm murmuring something I don't even understand myself. I try really hard to open my eyes and I see Seth.

He's driving but he keeps glancing at me way too much. He's saying something I can't hear. I can only see his mouth moving.

It looks like he's screaming. Then why can't I hear? He looks scared very scared. Finally my eyes give in and they close.

<<••>>

When I wake up I'm in a white room. The hospital smell instantly hits me. My heart starts racing and I look around.

I look down and see Seth beside my bed. He's on his knees and laying on the side of my bed. He's probably sleeping.

I look at my hand that's wrapped and it hurts to move it. My stomach isn't hurting anymore. Seth starts moving and I freak out.

When he picks up his head I fake being asleep. "I know you're awake." He says. So much for pretending.

I open my eyes slowly as I look at him. "How'd you know?" He sits up straighter, "You were breathing way too fast. Plus I saw you from the corner of my eye."

"Oh." It's all I say. He's looking at me and I bite the inside of my lip. Being stared by Seth makes me feel nervous and intimidated.

I can't believe out of all of the people Seth had to find me and bring me here. He doesn't look angry... he just looks really sad.

He looks so sad it makes my heart sink. His face is showing pure sadness. It makes me want to cry.

I look down at my lap and he speaks up. "Why did you do it?" His voice is quiet. He's almost whispering even though it's just us two in the room.

"It was an accident." I murmur avoiding eye contact. "An accident?" He says slowly. I nod my head, because it was an accident. Right?

"I know the truth." He whispers slowly. "What?" I say finally looking at him.

"I know the truth."

•••
So we're getting to the end of this story! Just a few chapters away! Thanks for the support xoxo ;*