Part 35

Seth's point of view;

"Your winner is Paige!" The announcer says as Paige's theme song starts playing. She grins happily as she quickly gets out of the ring running away from Brie.

Brie helps Nikki up and hands her the championship. Nikki puts it up on the air as she screams, "I'm the Champion." She looks flawless in her red attire. Just like always. I'm too distracted watching tv that I don't hear John coming behind me.

"She's great isn't she?" He takes me by surprise and I stare at him. "She is." I answer and then he frowns. "You look at her too much."

My heart starts speeding up. He doesn't sound mad but he certainly doesn't sound happy either. "And?" The word slips out of my mouth. Deep inside I'm scared. Not because of John. It's because the whole world would then know I'm in love with my stepsister.

Which is apparently wrong and should never ever happen.

Brie would freak out. JJ would freak out. Kathy would freak out. Brandon would freak out. My dad would definitely freak out. "I don't like that." He says crossing his arms on his chest. I'm ready for him to throw a fist at me or to say something else.

Before I can answer his face breaks into a grin leaving me utterly confused. "I'm just messing. I know you guys are family." He pats my back as he chuckles.

"Well, not by blood." I add and he scoffs. "Same thing. There's no way you could like the girl you grew up with." He says that like it's the obvious thing in the world.

I don't answer just force myself to smile. Because what else can I do? Tell him I'm deeply in love with his girlfriend who is also my stepsister? Yeah. Totally not an option.

"Hey Seth!" Brie says as she approaches me. I turn around and see that Nikki is with her. She glances at me nervously as she shifts her stare to John.

"Hey Brie-Brie." I say as she wraps her arms around my neck. "I don't get a hey?" John says pretending to be offended. "No. Cause I don't like you." She then grins and adds a "Just kidding."

"You look beautiful!" John says to Nikki. He then puts his arm around her waist and kisses her.

I feel my insides twist. It feels like I'm being kicked on the throat. "Are you okay?" Brie asks. I nod my head as I kiss her head softly. "Yeah. I'm fine. I just need to go get ready for my match."

She pulls away and smiles at me. When I walk away, I avoid looking at John and Nikki. I'm already constantly reminded that they are a couple. I don't need to watch them hug and kiss in my face.

<<••>>

"Seth." The voice in my ear makes me wake up startled. "It's just me." Nikki whispers in the darkness. "What are... what are you doing here?" I ask turning on the lamp beside my nightstand.

"The door was unlocked." She says. "You scared me." I say still hearing my heart in my ears. "I know. I look horrible without makeup."

"That's not what I meant." I say rolling my eyes. "Whatever." She answers as she gets up from the floor and lays beside me. "You look stunning without makeup. In fact that's when I like you the best. I hope you don't take that the wrong way."

"You think this is stunning? I think you need to see an eye doctor, Rollins." She says sarcastically. "Nicole. Stop it." I say in a warning voice.

"Stop what?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "Stop putting yourself down. I don't like it." I reply as she gives me a look. "I don't care if you like it or not. Plus, you're not my daddy so stop talking to me that way."

"I can be." I say with a grin. Her face turns a bright pink blushing uncontrollably. "You pervert!" She says with pink fiery cheeks. I chuckle, "You walked right into that one Nicole."

She turns her face the other way so I don't see her blushing. "So what's up?" I ask yawning. "I'm alone. Again." She answers.

"Nikki. Can I ask something?" She turns to look at me. "Depends on what it is." She replies. "Why don't you look for John instead? He's your boyfriend. He should make you feel better than me."

Her lips press together as she looks at me confused. "I don't know." Her words sound sincere. "Doesn't he make you happy?"

In my soul I'm hoping, wishing, craving, that she says no. "He does. He makes me very happy." My hope collapses as I look at her disappointedly.

I'm very selfish. The fact that I wish Nicole wasn't happy with John. If I love her I'm suppose to be happy for her, right?

"Then?" I ask and she shrugs. "I don't know. I really don't. He makes me happy but... there's just something missing."

"Leave him." The words I've been wanting to say for a long time. "Leave him, Nikki. Tell him you're sorry and just leave him. Leave him for me."

She plays with her fingers timidly. "You're crazy, Rollins." She  says quietly. I grab her face in my face and slowly caress her cheek.

"I'm serious." She tenses under my touch and starts breathing faster. "I can't." Her warm breath makes me get shivers. "Why not?"

"Are you hearing what you're saying, Rollins? You're telling me to leave him for you. It's never going to work. I don't want to be with you." Her words make my heart crumple to a million pieces.

"I don't understand. Then why, why do you keep looking for me?" I stop grabbing her face and stare at her intensely waiting for an answer.

"Because you make me feel good." She says. "I don't know what it is about you. But you make me feel good. You make me feel safe."

I smile at her sadly and pull her in for a hug. She doesn't hesitate and wraps her cold body against mine.