Part 49

Seth's point of view;

I can feel Nikki staring at me. I'm trying so hard not to look at her because if I do I know I'll fall apart.

I tried to talk to her while ago but she didn't want to. It did sting me because I really want to talk to her.

I've been away from her too long and it's killing me. I'm dying to talk to her. I'm dying to kiss her again.

I haven't tried to talk to her until today. I gave up on texting and calling her because she never texts back or picks up the phone.

What was I thinking while ago? Did I really think that she would talk to me? Of course not. I knew she wouldn't yet I still stupidly asked.

I asked only to be rejected once again. I'm too busy thinking that I don't realize they've asked me a question.

"Huh?" I say. "I said how do you feel about wrestling again?" JJ says. "Oh well I feel great. I'm happy to return to the ring. Sadly I won't be able to do it for Wrestlemania. But I will keep training hard until my return."

"Took you long enough to answer." JJ says with a chuckle. "He's thinking of his lover." Brandon says with a smirk.

"Lover?" Kathy asks with a smile. "I don't have a lover." I reply. "Don't lie Seth. You do have a lover. It's that Renee chick."

"Oh my gosh! I knew it!" Brie says with a giggle. "No, Renee and I-" my dad cuts me off. "You have to bring her. You should've invited her today."

"We can't wait to meet your girlfriend." Kathy says with a grin. Nikki starts coughing and I glance at her. "Renee is not my girlfriend."

I'm looking at Nikki as I say this because even though I'm angry and hurt, I don't want her to think Renee and I are a thing.

"Oh please. You hang out with her a lot." Brie says. "Yeah and like you text her a lot too." Brandon says.

"That doesn't mean we are dating though." Renee and I have grown close. We've become really good friends. Ever since I told her I have feelings for Nikki things between us have changed.

She's currently talking to another guy. I'm happy for her. Because she's moving on and she deserves to be happy.

"Of course. Plus Renee and Seth? No. I don't see it." Nikki speaks up. I look at her and she looks almost angry.

"Renee and I could become a thing though." I say. They start saying "oohs" and all this stuff. Nikki doesn't look angry anymore. She presses her lips in a line and looks away.

As the time goes on they start talking about other things. Nikki hasn't said much since while ago. She mainly just nods her head and says "yeah" for everything.

I receive a call from Dean and I get up. "Excuse me." I mumble as I walk outside. "Hello?" Dean says as I press the green button.

"Yeah. What's up?" I ask. "So how's it going?" He asks. "What do you mean?" Dean scoffs, "Um, hello, the dinner. You said Nikki was going."

"Wow you just called me to ask about that. Couldn't you wait until I told you?" He laughs, "Obviously not. I live for the drama. Now spill the beans. Has she talked to you? Have you hugged her? Kissed her? Like what's going on?"

"You're nosey dear. You know that?" I say with a laugh. "Oh please I'm not..." I pull the phone away from me because I hear someone stepping on sticks.

I'm standing by the woods beside the cars. This is where I have Nikki her birthday present months ago.

"I'll talk to you later." I mumble to Dean and hang up. "Where you talking to her?" Nikki asks.

I'm still surprised she's here. Standing in front of me. After so long. She's actually talking to me.

"Do you care?" I reply. "No." she answers. "Then why're you asking me?" My palms begin to sweat. I don't think I will be able to control myself.

I want to hug her so, so, bad. "I don't know. Curiosity." She says. "Okay." She stays quiet for a while until I finally speak up.

"Can I talk to you now?" She doesn't say anything at first. "There's nothing to talk about Seth." She finally says.

"There's so much to talk about." My head starts filling up with things I want to say. I want to tell her everything I'm feeling and everything I want.

"I don't want to talk about it." Her voice is quiet and steady. "Then why'd you come out here?"

"I don't know. Just because." She says. "Nikki I really need to talk to you. Would you just hear me out?"

"I just need to understand why you're being this way with me. Do you think it was fair for you to leave me hanging that way? Please understand me. I need to know. Put yourself in my shoes."

She doesn't respond and turns around. I quickly get in front of her. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Nikki." I say, "I just don't want to talk about it. It was a mistake to come out here. I just want to go back inside."

"Nikki." I say again. "Let me go by. I really don't want to talk." I feel anger rush through my veins.

"Nicole!" I scream. She flinches and stops moving. "I'm tired of you treating me like shit. You know what? I'm done with all of this. I'm tired of you being his way with me."

"Why're you making me suffer this way? What did I ever do to you?" My anger starts turning to sadness

"I'm losing my mind Nicole. I really am. I know I'm not the best guy out there. I know I'm too little for you but I promise no one will ever love you like I do."

"Don't say that." She says quietly with a shaky voice. "I just don't want to hurt you anymore." She adds.

"Are you hearing what you're saying? If you don't want to hurt me anymore then come back to me. I don't care about anything anymore. I don't want to breathe without you."

Her breathing gets faster, like she's going to cry. "No. You don't understand. You can do so much better."

"I want you." I say as I look at her teary eyes. "No you don't. You have to understand you don't need a girl like me. It's best this way. I'm sorry if I'm not what you expected."

"You know what? I'm tired. Tired of apologizing. Tired of begging you. I'm done. I'm done humiliating myself for you. If you don't want to talk to me then fine. Just remember that you broke my heart." I say as I feel a knot form on my throat. I walk away before I humiliate myself even more.

"Was it Renee?" Brandon teases when I walk in. I shrug and Kathy speaks up, "We should go to the table now. I don't know what's taking Nikki so long."

We head to the dinning room. I suddenly don't want to be here anymore. If I keep seeing Nikki here I don't know what I'm going to do.

Minutes later Nikki walks in. She sits in front of me. "We should do a toast." Roman says. "Good idea. I want to go first." Nikki says.

I look at her as she picks up her glass with wine. She gets up holding the glass up. "I just want I'm happy that you're better. You'll soon be happy. I know you will. You deserve to be happy. I know there's something we don't understand but sometimes it's for the best."

She drinks from her cup and sits down. As she does I see tears fall from her pretty bambi eyes. My heart aches as I drink from my cup.