Part 36

Nikki's point of view;

"Are you sure I look fine?" I ask Brie and Paige who both nod their heads. "You always look fine." Brie says with a smile.

"You're hot." Paige adds. I roll my eyes smiling. "Okay. Okay." I grab my purse and walk out of my room.

John and I are going out tonight. He's going to an event and he asked me to come along. Of course I had to get all fancy to go.

I'm in the lobby waiting for John when Eva approaches me. "Hey Nikki! Don't you look pretty." She says giving me a hug. Eva and I have never really been close but we're acquaintances.

"Why thank you. You look stunning yourself." I say watching her beautiful body. She's wearing workout clothes and her hair is in a ponytail. She looks very pretty without trying. Something I can't do.

"Oh please. I'm all sweaty and beat up." She says rolling her eyes and smiling. "Are you going out with, John?" She adds as she wipes her sweaty forehead.

"Yeah. I'm actually waiting for him." I say as she keeps smiling. "Oh. You're lucky you know? John is a very handsome guy. He's all fancy, rich, and every girls dream."

"Yeah." I answer starting to feel uncomfortable. "I mean. He needs a woman who's pretty, hot, confident. A girl who's good enough for him...like you."

"Yeah." I say once again. "Have you slept lately? Those under eye circles are no joke." She asks with a chuckle.

I start feeling self conscious and feel my face heating up. "I'm just kidding! You look pretty." The elevator opens and I see John walking out wearing a grey suit.

He looks so perfect and I feel my heart race. "There he is. What a man." She says with a grin. John approaches us and he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello ladies." He says with his usual smirk. "Hey John. I was telling Nikki how handsome you look and how pretty she looks. You two look great." Eva says.

"Why thank you." He answers. "Yeah well. I'll see you guys later. Have fun." She answers with a smile. She walks away and when she does every guy in the lobby turns to see her.

The way she moves her hips seductively and her pony tail moves from side to side. I feel myself getting angry and pull away from John walking to the door.

"Nikki. Wait!" He says coming behind me. "Why don't you go and stare at Eva?" I answer with anger. "Oh please. I wasn't staring at her. You're imagining things, Nicole. Even if I were to stare that's not a bad thing. Don't you stare at other guys? I know you do."

I keep walking to his car without answering. "I don't want to fight. Not tonight okay?" He opens the door for me and I get in.

<<••>>

"I feel very blessed with my success. I'm very thankful for all my fans because without them I wouldn't be who I am." John says. He's doing an interview right now and I'm waiting for him.

Suddenly I get a text from Brie. When I open it up I see a picture of the body magazine. "It's finally out!" Brie says. "Yeah! 🙃" I reply.

After staring at it for a long time I decide to upload it on Instagram. Very often, I post pictures on social media.

I do it because I like to feel like I'm confident. I like for people to think I'm confident. Truth is I'm not. Every time I post a picture I'm terrified. Horrified. Of what people will say. Of what people will think.