Part 37

Seth's point of view;

"I challenge every single guy in the locker room. I bet none of them can take me! I'm the World HeavyWeight Champion. The face of WWE."

The crowd starts booing me and screaming "you sold out". I roll my eyes, "Shut up! Shut up! I didn't sell out I bought in!"

The keep booing me and I laugh putting my Championship in the air. My theme song starts playing and I exit the ring walking backstage.

"Excuse me, Mr. Rollins. Why are you so confident that you can take every guy in the locker room?" Renee asks as she approaches me.

She puts the microphone close to me. "Why do I feel so confident? Why Renee? Because I am confident. I'm the best this company has. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, they all walk around pretending to be confident. They want my Championship. They all do. But they won't get it because I'm the best."

I walk away and the camera cuts. "You're a great heel." Renee says behind me. "Thank you." I answer smiling. "You haven't talked to me in a while." She says with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, Renee." I answer feeling ashamed. "It's fine. I know you don't like me." She whispers nervously biting her lip. "Renee."

"It's okay. No explanations needed. I'll be here hoping one day you'll land eyes on me. But I won't wait forever." She smiles and kisses my cheek before walking away.

Why is this so hard? It'll all be so much easier if I weren't so crazy over Nicole. I don't want to hurt Renee in any way. It just sucks knowing that you're the reason why someone is hurting. I start walking to the locker room and on my way there I encounter something that makes me stop and stare.

Nikki walks by Cena without even saying a word. He turns to look at her until she's down the hall. John notices me staring and I wave to not be rude. He waves and turns the opposite way. "What's up?" Dean asks as I enter the locker room. "Nothing much."

"Boring." He replies as he devours a cupcake. "Eating junk food is not okay, Ambrose." I say knowing that I shouldn't be talking. Junk food is my life. "Says the one who snacks on chips nonstop."

"Yeah, yeah." Roman approaches us as I'm saying this. "What's up, Mr. Married Reigns?" Dean says. Roman raises his eyebrows, "Dean, you don't have to call me Mr. Married Reigns every time."

"But you're married now, you know? Like we're suppose to treat you with respect." He finishes eating the cupcake and throws the thrash on a trashcan. "Ah, okay. So when you get married I will call you Mr. Married Ambrose and treat you with respect."

Dean laughs hysterically. "You're funny Reigns! I won't get married. Listen I don't belong to just one girl I belong to every girl. There's enough of this to go around." He rubs his hands down his body as Roman and I make a disgusted face.

"That's what you say now. Just wait until you fall in love." Roman says as he opens up his gymbag and starts looking through it. "Eh. Whatever. How's Brie in bed?" Dean asks with a smirk. Roman stops digging through his bag, "That's only for me to know."

"Oh please, you can tell us. We won't tell a soul." Dean says as he puts his arm around me, "Right?" he asks looking at me. "Right. But like Roman said, that's only for him to know." Dean rolls his eyes groaning, "Yeah yeah."

"So um, I saw something weird while ago." I say looking around to see if anyone is around us. "What?" Dean asks. "Well I saw Nikki walk right by Cena. They didn't talk, hug, kiss, or even look at each other." I say as I look at them both. "What happened to forgetting about her?" Roman asks.

"Did you really think he was serious?" Dean says giving Roman a look. "Well no." Roman responds. "Do you guys know something?" I ask my eyes shifting to see Roman. He looks at me as if he is undecided whether to tell me or not. "They broke up. Brie told me. Don't say anything though."

<<••>>

As soon as there's a knock on my door I jump out of bed opening it quickly. Before she has time to say anything I pull her in closing the door. "I see you were awake." Nikki says causally taking a seat on my bed.

I turn on the light and sit beside her. "I've been anxious to see you. You haven't looked for me in a few weeks." I didn't realized I missed her so much until now that I have her right in front of me.

She hadn't spoken to me since that last night I asked her about John. Three weeks go by and they break up? I'm not complaining. I just thought she'd look for me sooner.

"Gross." She replies looking around the room. Of course Dean isn't here like usual. "I'd like to think you missed me." I reply with a soft smile. "I kind of did. That worries me."

"Really?" I ask sitting up straighter with a grin. She looks at me and turns the opposite way making a disgusted noise. "Don't smile like that."

"Why?" I ask. "Because I don't want to make you happy." She says slowly as she stares at the wall in front of her. "Oh."

"No. Don't take it the wrong way. I want you to be happy. Just not because of me." She whispers. I look at her as she keeps staring straight ahead.

"But why? You are my happiness." I say. She starts breathing faster and looks at me. "How can someone as messed up as me be your happiness? You're hallucinating, Rollins."

"I'm serious." She looks nervously at her lap. "Okay." It's all she says. I stare at her as I watch her only become more nervous.

Finally she looks at me, "John and I broke up." I open my mouth and try to act all shocked. "What?" She gives me a look, "I know Roman told you."

"What? Roman? Roman didn't even-" she stops me from talking. "Don't lie." I nod, "Okay. It's true. Just don't tell Brie that Roman told me otherwise Rom-"

She stops me once more. This time she presses her cold finger against my lips. "I won't tell." Her cold finger against my lips makes me shiver. A good kind of shiver.

Nikki removes her finger from my lips and sighs. "Are you upset about it?" I ask knowing the answer already. "Yes."

"I'm sorry. Maybe you two can talk and make it work." I thought I was happy they broke up but Nikki is sad. That only makes me sad. I'd rather see her with someone else than for her to be upset.

"I don't want to make it work." She says. "Nicole, I don't understand. You just said you're sad about it. Why not try?"

"Because I don't want to." She replies. "You're confusing." I say trying to comprehend her. "Rollins, I didn't come here to talk about John. I know I'm confusing, twisting, insane but don't try to understand me. Because you never would."

"Okay. Then what do you want to talk about?" I ask. She looks me in the eyes and my heart rate speeds up. "About nothing. I just want to feel."

"Feel what?" My voice is shaky as I say this. I'm a tough guy but Nicole completely melts me. She makes me vulnerable.

"Feel loved."