Chapter Four: Problems

They were all seated by the table. Erza eating her favourite slice of strawberry short cake, Gray giving the over heated Juvia a look and for both Lucy and Natsu; they wouldn't dare look at each other.

The table was oddly quiet, filled with uncomfortable silence. Erza looked up from her dessert and stared at the awkward two. She was beginning to get suspicious of them.

Why were they like that?

"What's wrong with you two and why are you guys so quiet. Did something happened between you guys?" the curious Titania asked.

Lucy's head snapped at Erza "Uh..nothing's wrong.." Erza raised a brow at her in question.

"Oh really?" Erza turned to Natsu who was nervously playing with the band wrapped around his left wrist.

"Natsu?" he looked at Erza and said "Uh no, nothing happened we're fine- right ..Lucy?" he asked, not giving the celestial wizard a glance. "Uh yeah..we're fine" Lucy responded with a nervous smile.

Gray broke the silence off by laughing. He clutched his stomach and gave out a hard laugh.

The four watched as he fell off his chair, the echoes of his laughter bouncing off the guild's walls.

''Haha..this is awkward shit!" Gray laughed.

''You two are something else.." he chuckling slowly died and Juvia squealed as he unconsiously stripped out of his shirt. "Whatever.." Lucy sighed softly.

Erza ignored Gray's little play, too busy inspecting Lucy and Natsu. She opened her mouth but slowly closed it. She chose against asking more questions for the time being. They looked worned out.

"Anyways.." Erza then cleared her throat "what I was saying is that we should go on a mission today. I mean the weather is just fine and I bet we all have upcoming bills to pay. What do you say you two because Gray already agreed with me" the red hair asked.

Lucy and Natsu glanced at each other then looked away.

What is wrong with them. Something deffinately happened.. Erza thought.

"Sure thing Erza, my rent is actually next week so that will be great" Lucy said to her.

"Yeah, I'll tag Happy along as always" Natsu replied with a slight smile. "Okay sounds fair enough" Erza pushed back her seat and stood up.

"Let me check what mission is there for us today" she walked away, towards the mission board. Gray stood up and wiped a tear while Juvia stared lovingly at him.

"You guys need to act normal but I swear the look on Natsu's face gets me every time" Gray chuckled.

Natsu scratched his head.

Gray smirked at Lucy and the blonde gave him a glare. Footsteps approached and the team watched Erza who held a sheet of paper in hand. "I got one!" she announced.

Okay now this was her chance.

Lucy stood up from her seat and said "Great. I got to go talk to Levy-be right back!" she ran off. Erza and Gray both raised their brows at the retreating blonde who dragged a startled Levy away.

The two girls walked out the door and towards the back of the guild.

Lucy made sure they were out of sight and ears reach before she completely broke down and hugged Levy.

Levy raised her brow at first but her face softened when she heard the blonde sniffled. "Lu-chan what's wrong?" she asked. "I'm a horrible person Levy" Lucy cried.

"What-no you're not, who told you that?" Lucy broke the hug and wiped her tears away.

"I'm a horrible friend Levy. I've done something I truly regret" Lucy said. "Like what, come on it can't be that bad" Lucy nodded. "What is it then?"

"I.." Lucy began.

"I?" Levy asked.

"I slept.."

"Lucy raise your voice you're speaking too sof-"

"I slept with Natsu last night" Lucy squeezed her eyes shut.

Silence..

Lucy looked to see Levy with her jaws dropped open. "Levy-" "Are you serious?" Levy asked. Lucy looked away and groaned "Yes, but I didn't knew what or how it happened it just happened" she explained.

"When did-" "Last night I think but Levy I don't know what to do and I'm scared just to look at him in the face. It's always awkward" Lucy face palmed herself.

"Oh my.. Lucy.." "He probably hates me now.." Lucy mumbled. "Now why would he hate you. Lucy Natsu's not like that" Levy said. The celestial wizard just covered her eyes in shame, trying her best not to cry.

''I soiled our friendship by offering him that drink last night Levy. Then we got drunk and things happened.." Levy's eyes soften at the statement.

"Tell me the things" Levy persisted, trying to lighten the mood.

"All I remembered was wanting to go home afterwards and Natsu agreed to walk with me. That was it, everything else was blank" Lucy whispered.

Levy rubbed Lucy's back soothingly. "Don't cry Lucy, everything's going to be okay. I'm sure both you and Natsu will get through this situation some how"

"I doubt it" Lucy whispered but smiled nonetheless. She hugged Levy again. "I'm glad I have you as a friend Levy" "Me too Lucy. Don't you worry, things will get better soon"

They broke the hug and Lucy asked, feeling a bit relieved "What should I do now. Erza already picked out a mission for us to take and he is going to be there" "Well you can't try to avoid him because that will only cause suspicion from Erza and Gray" Levy explained.

"I think Gray's already catching on but how could I get through with it. It's always awkward" "Just be yourself Lucy. I'm sure you'll be fine" Levy chuckled.

"No I won't" she shook her head "Uh.. yes you will" Lucy just hugged the poor script mage again.

"Save me luck Levy.."

Later on that Day..

Lucy wormed her way through the crowds of people on the streets, making her way towards the train station a good distance away. She had to meet up with the rest of her team. They were waiting on her.

Earlier she told them she had to go home to take a bath again. She just needed space to think. And she thought of a plan.

Okay Lucy get it together..

Natsu's going to be there so I'll just ignore him?

Yes! that seems like a perfect plan..

She giggled to herself, seeing sight of the train station ahead.

"Mission mission here I come.."