Chapter Fourteen: What's wrong?

Lucy hummed a tune to herself. She was fixing her hair, putting it up in a ponytail while she viewed her reflection in the mirror.

"Today can be a really good day for the park" she told herself. She smiled a bit at the hair style she made before looking down at her stomach. She gave it a few rubs, thinking.

She knew she had to tell Natsu eventually but she decided not right now. "Isn't that right baby?" she smiled at her unborn baby but her smile soon dropped.

"What am I saying?" she moved her hand away from her stomach and looked back at the mirror. She smiled at herself before she walked out the bathroom with the towel wrapped around her body. "How can I say stuff like that.." Lucy whispered to herself, walking into her room and towards her drawer.

"Hmm..I wonder what to wear to the park?" she asked herself while pulling a draw open. She viewed her folded clothes and mumbled "Maybe just a top and skirt would help" She pulled out her usual wear but then stopped.

Then a sudden change of thought came to mind. She dropped the clothing back in the draw and searched for something else. "Don't I get fad up of shirts and skirts, why not wear dresses or..whatever I may find.." Lucy mumbled while digging in the draw.

.

Natsu groaned while he brushed his teeth, watching his reflection in the bathroom mirror that hung above the sink. When he thought the insides of his mouth were clean enough, he spit the toothpaste in the sink. He rinsed his mouth with water before wiping it with a towel.

He grinned and smiled at the whiteness of his teeth and freshness of his mouth. "You Natsu Dragneel have good breath" he whispered to himself with a smile. He placed toothbrush down and exited the messy bathroom of his. "I know.." he stopped "I think a walk in the park should do" he smiled to himself before heading out his home.

.

People stared as Lucy walked her through the streets. What the blonde wore were a frilly black dress with straps and a simple brown boots.

"Wow..is that Lucy Heartfilia, she looks different.." some people whispered "Yeah I know" Lucy said to herself as she walked her way to Magnolia's park.

"Finally" Lucy whispered, walking in the entrance of the park. She walked towards an empty bench and sat down. "Ahh.." she sighed as she laid back on the bench. She enjoyed the atmosphere and relaxation.

She smiled when she saw little children running along in the park playing their little games. "It's such a beautiful sight.." Lucy whispered, smiling. She wondered how she'd make out with Natsu, her and their baby boy or girl.

She rubbed her stomach, thinking about it.

"Stop it!" a voice yelled and her eyes snapped on two people. Her smile dropped. "Hey give me back my toy~" a little child cried jumping in the air as he tried reaching his toy a big guy held up in the air. "Too bad because I'm taller and you're just a tiny little thing" the big guy smirked.

Lucy hated bullies. Why would anyone look to bully a child small like that. Ugh, she had to do something.

"Hey!!" the two boys turned turned and saw Lucy walking in their direction. "What does she want" the big guy grumbled. "Give his toy back!" the blonde shouted standing infront of the blonde hair guy with grey eyes.

"Why should I, I can keep and take whatever I want" she can tell he was just a miserable teenager looking for trouble. "Listen.." Lucy sighed "it's already a beautiful day why don't you just let the children be" she said to him.

"Well if I do that what can I get in return?" he smirked at her while licking his lips, making Lucy cringe.

Disgusting..

"What" Lucy spat. The teen dropped the child's toy who picked it up and ran away with. "Why don't we have some fun instead" he held both Lucy's wrists and leaned down towards her. "Hey get off me!" Lucy's eyes widened, she forgot her whip and keys at home!

Ugh.

She looked down and quickly raised her foot to hit him where the sun doesn't shine but he jumped away from her and smirked. "Nice try dolly" he said but his eyes widened when he felt hands squeezing the back of his neck.

"I suggest you take her advice and go" the person said from behind him and Lucy's eyes widened when she realized it was Natsu.

Natsu released his neck and the boy turned around to punch him but Natsu beat him to it. The blonde hair teen was now on the grass, holding his nose. He groaned and Lucy's eyes widened.

"Natsu he's just a kid" she said but Natsu ignored her and glared at the boy. "Go" Natsu said. "Ugh.." the guy stood up and walked away from the two and out the park entrance.

Natsu turned to Lucy and asked "You okay?" "Yeah I'm fine" Lucy mumbled while rubbing her arm awkwardly. Natsu touched her arm but the blonde pulled it away. "It's fine Natsu I'm fine really" he sighed at her then turned away.

"Hey what's wrong?" Lucy asked him. She held on to his hand, stopping him from walking away. "It's nothing" he responded taking his hand before he walked away. "Hey" she walked after him. "Yeah.." Natsu mumbled.

"Something's wrong" Lucy said but he shook his head. "I'm off to the guild.." Natsu mumbled.

"Hey wait up" "Leave me alone Lucy it's clear that you don't want me around you" Natsu grumbled. "What? I didn't said that" Lucy said. "Right and I understand now would you leave me alone?" Lucy stopped.

Now they were outside the park "What is your problem" now Lucy was angry. Natsu stopped and turned to her "What's my problem?" he asked her. "I don't know you tell me Natsu" "I have no problem Luce". He turned his back and walked away leaving Lucy to sigh in frustration.

"Whatever.." she turned around to go back in the park and she said "You're an idiot you know" "Yeah, don't have to tell me twice..'' he said from away. Lucy stopped and turned to him. "Where are you really going Natsu.." she whispered, deciding to walk after him.

.

"Okay..listen Natsu I'm sorry" Lucy apologized to him but he ignored her. "So what it's my fault now? I told you I'm sorry" the blonde groaned at him but he just ignored her again.

"For heaven's sake Natsu please answer me.." they crossed the road together and onto another pathway. "Why are you following me Lucy" Natsu stopped his movements and asked.

"Because you're totally ignoring me and I never did anything to deserve this" the celestial wizard said while crossing her arms.

How could she actually put up with a guy like me... Natsu thought.

He turned to her and said "Lucy.." she looked at him but he was looking down. He held a sad and guilty face and Lucy asked out of concern "What's wrong?"

His hair covered his face. He just stood there quiet staring at the ground. He whispered something catching Lucy off guard "What was that?" "I said I'm sorry.." he whispered again.

"Natsu.." she raised his head, making him watch her. She removed some of his hair out his face, revealing his teary eyes. "Natsu what's wrong, what are you sorry for?" Lucy asked, wiping his tears away.

"Bye Lucy.." he turned his body and started to walk away. Lucy just stood there, looking confused.

When Natsu reached a distance away he started running. Lucy was stunned at first before she groaned and ran after him.

"Hey!"