Chapter 24

Later that night

I was siting on my bed when I got a text from Hayes.

H- come over no ones home

I am really tempted but I'm not sure if I should've because I don't know what he wants to say. In still really mad at him but the least I could do is hear him out.

He lived a block down so I walked over to his house.

I knocked on the door and then he opened it.

"Hey, he said.

"Hi".

"I need to talk to you about yesterday".

"Um oh".

"You were right, I was being shallow and ignorant and I was dating Hannah for no reason. I dated Hannah because I still like you and I was jealous of you and Brad and you were always talking about him and I know you're still together but I had to get that off of my chest".

"Actually Brad and I broke up about 2 months ago and I know that you're a good guy and you care but trying to get me upset doesn't help anything".

"I know but I care about you too much to let you go".

"I care about you too".

"I want to be there for you but I don't know how too".

"You're here right now and I'm happy".

"You know what would make me happy?"

"What?"

He placed his hand on my cheek and he kissed me lightly. Our lips were in sync really slow and he licked my bottom lip so that he could enter his tongue in my mouth and I let him. After a minute I pulled away.

"Hayes?"

"Yeah?"

"I think we're taking this too fast and that's what we did the first time around and I don't want that to happen again. "

"Me too".

"Maybe we should be friends".

"Friends?"

"Yeah because I don't know if getting back together is s good idea".

"But Bella".

"Look as much as I like you, I don't know about this".

"You don't trust me".

"Yes I do".

"Stop lying".

"I want to trust you, but I just can't".

"So you think one mistake defines me as a person".

"No but when it breaks my heart I really need to think twice".

"You act like cheating was the worst thing to happen".

"You were my first real boyfriend and I cared for you and all I got was crap".

"I know and I'm sorry for that but all you think about is yourself and not about how I feel.

"I am not self-centered and to be honest you're the jerk I fell for".

"Maybe you should have stayed up because I can't take your shit anymore. All you care about is everybody but us".

"That's not true".

"Oh yeah, when Shelby and Daniel broke up you tried to fix them and when ari and Josh fight you act like you're Cupid or something and when it came to us all you did was cry and complain about me".

"I can't believe you".

"Name one thing that's wrong with us".

"Well starting off with you I hate the games you play with me, you make me cry, you "like" me but you also like another girl".

"Bella you're the one who cries about everything, you over react and you're insecure.

"Is all of that really true, I said tearing up.

"Wait no, I didn't mean it that way".

"It's true".

"Isabella stop judging yourself, you're perfect".

"There's no such thing".

"It's you".

"No one minute you say all of these bad things about me and then the next you like me".

"I've always liked you".

"Me too but it's getting hard for me to understand how you feel".

"I'm sorry but I just need you in my life".

"I want to go out again I just don't want to make the same mistakes.

"Me neither".

"Thats why things need to go slow and we can't tell anyone about this.

"Deal".

I walked out of his house confused about everything but I think that he still likes me and I still like him.