Chapter 27

After the mall we all went in separate cars. I went in a car with Mia, Shelby, Ariana, and Chloe , while Hannah stayed at the mall longer and in the other car it was Connor, Dante, Hayes, Gabe, Jacob, Daniel , Tyler , Josh , and Brandon. We went to my house and the boys went to Hayes' house and the boys facetimed us. We were all on my bed and we saw the boys walking down the street with a basketball so we grabbed our phones and ran out of the house while I wobbled on my broken foot. We followed them to the park and they eventually saw us.

"Can't get enough of me ladies?, Dante asked.

"In your dreams, Mia said.

"We are here to beat you guys down on a 5 on 5, Shelby said.

"Oh really, Daniel said.

"Well I'm standing here let's get this game started, Shelby said.

We formed a group circle and Shelby told us what to do.

"I'll get on Daniel, Ari you get on Josh, Chloe get Gabe, Mia get Dante, and Bella get Hayes".

"Wait but isn't Hayes like 6'1 , I said.

"So what, you can take him, Shelby said.

"Uhhhhh, I said.

"I'll distract Josh, Ariana said.

"Let's go, Shelby said.

Shelby had the ball and she passed it to Mia, Mia dribbled it and she passed it back to Shelby and then Shelby passed it to me and I dribbled it and I wobbled on my foot but I managed to make it.

Later in the game

Girls:24 Boys:30

We made the game go to 32 so if the boys made a basket they won. While Shelby had the ball I saw Dante hit Mia's butt and she just rolled her eyes at him and Shelby passed it to her, after that the ball was passed to me and then Hayes came up to guard me and then I passed it back to Shelby but she missed the basket and Josh took the ball and hit a 3 pointer.

After that everybody decided to leave and I just sat in the middle of the court. I watched their parents pick them up one by one until Hayes and I were the only ones left.

"Good game, he said".

"You too, and you're really good".

"Nah, but I don't really try".

"Oh".

"I can show you a few pointers though".

"Sure I said".

We got on the free throw line and I shot the ball and it hit the rim.

"Nice try, but bend your back elbow".

I bent my elbow and I tried again and made it in.

"Thanks".

He dunked the ball and it made it in.

"Your really good".

"Nah".

"I can't even reach the basket".

"Oh really?".

He grabbed me by my waist and lifted me off the ground and I shot the basket.

As he was putting me down , he spun me the other way and he but the ball down and set me on top of the ball. The ball was wobbly so I grabbed his neck and he grabbed my waist.

"What happened with Alexa?.

"It was a kiss and that's all, it meant nothing and neither did Hannah".

"Oh"

He pressed his forehead against mine and he slowly kissed me

" I can't take this, he said

"What?"

"Will you be my girlfriend again?"

I thought about it for a second and then I answered.

"I think I'm ready".

"So that's a yes?"

"Yes, but can we keep it low key for awhile?".

"How low key?"

"Let's not tell anybody low key".

"Ok, as long as I have you".

"Deal".

We walked to the swing set and he sat beside me.

He grabbed my hand and we just sat there for awhile until it got dark

We both got up and he walked me back home.

We didn't talk the whole way home, we enjoyed the silence.

"Goodnight, he said".

"Night, I said".

He kissed my cheek and then I walked inside.

I took a warm shower and then got into bed and I couldn't stop thinking about him.