Chapter 37

Tonight was Shelby's sweet 16 and I was helping her get ready. I was curling her hair and she was complaining about wearing a dress. Shelby isn't a girly girl so I helped her out by helping her do her hair and picking her dress out. She had a black and white theme because she wanted something plain. She was gonna have a dj and then Daniel is gonna perform for her.

"Do I look ok?, Shelby asked.

"You look amazing".

"You too bells".

She gave me a hug and then Ariana and Chloe walked in.

"You two look gorgeous, I said.

"Omg you guys do too, Chloe said.

"This place looks amazing, Ariana said.

"I know, my mom decorated it Shelby said

"I'm hungry, I said".

"Me too , the other girls said.

"When does this start, Ariana asked.

"In 30 minutes, Chloe said".

"Ugh, Shelby said".

30 mins later

Everyone started to show up and the dj was playing "Hands to myself", by Selena Gomez and people started to dance. Shelby , Ariana, Chloe and I were in a circle holding hands and we were yelling the part , I mean I could but why would I want too, really loud. More and more people were starting to show up and we just kept on dancing. After awhile a lot of people came up and said happy birthday to Shelby and her mom made her get up on the stage and say hello and thank you. After 45 minutes Daniel and Hayes still didn't show up and we started to get worried. I sat at a table with Shelby, Ariana, Chloe, Dante, Connor, Tyler, Jacob, Gabe, Brandon, and Josh and we were all talking but there were two empty chairs taunting me. Mia, Hallie, and Hailey were sitting at a different table but they said hi to us. When I went up to get soda, Brad was there by himself so I talked to him.

"Hey, I said".

"Oh hey, how have you been?".

"I've been fine, how about you?".

"Good I guess".

"Anything new?".

"Well, I started modeling and that's been going really good".

"I'm so happy for you".

"Thanks".

"Listen I'm still so sorry about the breakup".

"Don't be sorry, it's fine".

"Really?".

"Yeah,it's cool".

"We need to talk more".

"Yeah hmu".

"I will, bye".

"Bye".

After I got my soda I saw Hayes and Daniel walk in. As soon as I saw him I ran up and gave him a big hug.

"Where were you , I asked.

"Home getting ready".

"Oh".

We sat down at the table and we all started to talk and he and I held hands under the table. His hands were cold and he was cold. He had khakis and a white polo on. After we talked we took pictures in the  photo booth and we talked more.

"You look so pretty tonight".

"Thank you".

He kissed the top of my hand playfully and we got up and we danced.

After 3 hours the cake was cut and it was 11.  Daniel performed and then he invited Shelby on the stage and sang to her.

After all of this it was 12 and we started to clean up. The girls slept over Shelby's house and we didn't stay up very long after that.