Chapter 40

Cameron's pov

I was at home making a YouTube video when the house phone rang. I picked the phone up and answered it.

"Hello?".

"Cameron you have to come to the hospital now?".

"Shelby is that you?".

"Yeah but please hurry".

I grabbed the keys to my car and I drove off to the hospital. When I walked in I saw Shelby, Ariana, and Chloe sitting there with their heads down.

"What happened?".

"Bella got hurt, Ariana said.

"Ah what did this idiot do now?".

"She was pitching during a game and she got hit with a softball on her head and she blacked out, Shelby explained.

"Damn".

"Your mom is on her way, Shelby said

I walked up to the front desk and asked for Bella's room. While I was walking up some teen girls started screaming and I felt bad because I had to walk away. When I finally got to the room I saw her laying there helplessly unconscious. She was really pale and she had a big bump on her head. I sat down beside her and I talked to her.

"I'm sorry that this had to happen to you, things were going so well for you and I don't know what went down. You have a good boyfriend, amazing friends, and a great family and you don't deserve this".

After 5 minutes our mom got there was she was looking at how Bella's condition was.

The doctor came in and took a look at her.

Doctor- I have good news and bad news, the hit didn't do brain damage but the bad news is that she may be unconscious for a couple of hours or days.

Mom- oh thank god that her brain isn't damaged. 

Doctor- when she wakes up she may be confused so try to explain the situation.

Me- can we do anything to help her?

Doctor- just let her rest for awhile and she should wake up soon.

The Doctor left and my mom went to meet my dad in the cafeteria to get food and I sat upstairs for awhile. I was falling asleep when Hayes texted me.

Hayes- how is your sister doing.

Me- she's gonna be fine but she's still unconscious.

Hayes- I feel bad though

Me- bro it's not your fault don't sweat it.

Hayes- dude before the game we broke up.

Me- why?

Hayes- we can't trust each other and she thinks I'm a shitty boyfriend.

Me- dude her feelings for you are still there trust me and when she wakes up she'll want you back, trust me .

Hayes- I don't know cuz she hates me.

Me- nah

Hayes- well I gotta do homework for ms. Marge

Me- I hated her

Hayes- me too she's a horrible civics teacher

Hayes- tell me about it

It was now 10:00 pm and she still didn't wake up and I was getting worried because I didn't want her to suffer the way she is now. My parents left me in charge of her for the night so now I have to sleep in a hospital on a chair.  I turned in the tv and I saw Bella's favorite movie from 1999, 10 things I hate about you. I started to watch it and I kept on thinking about her and I desperately wanted her to wake up. I looked at her and she looked hurt and she was really pale. I wanted to scream at her to wake up but I didn't know how to.