Chapter 66

Graduation night (4 days later)

I haven't talked to Hayes in 4 days and I was really getting worried. I felt myself getting stressed about something that probably wasn't gonna last but I still cared or at least somewhere inside I cared.

I stood in front of my makeup mirror and I thought to myself your graduating and after this you'll be free. But did I really want to be free? What did freedom mean? Was I ready for it?

As I looked in the mirror someone came in and I looked in the reflection in the mirror and I saw a tall brown haired figure.

"Cameron", I yelled literally jumping into his arms he hugged me back and I squeezed him tight. "I told you I'd be here". "I'm so glad you're here". "So am I".

He grabbed a box wrapped and handed it to me. "Here's a gift for me not being here all of the time". I tore the box open to find a picture of me and him from when I was like 6 and he was 9.

"Take this to Yale with you, ok". "I wouldn't ever forget it". "I should let you finish up". As he was leaving I yelled for him to wait. "Have you ever been in love with something but you've easily let it go". "If you love something and let it go it takes time to get over it, why?". "No reason". He left the room and I locked the door just to think.

I looked in the mirror again and I felt my mind going everywhere. I thought about the first time we actually talked .

"Hey Bella", Hayes said

"Hi", I said in response with almost no reaction.

"So, um are you ok?", he said referring to the fall.

"Why do you care?, you don't even talk to me".

"That was the old me, I broke up with Mia". I didn't believe a word he said.

"Are you lying so that you can tell Mia everything that I'm saying?".

"No when she pulled me over I broke up with her".

"I'm sorry".

"Nah it's fine and I'm happier being single".

"And nicer too".

The day of my 8th grade graduation, the day when I was told I was going to California with all of Cameron's friends, the day I met the guy I never thought I'd fall for.

That summer was everything I dreamed about. I missed the feeling of me being 14 and feeling the ocean breeze hitting my face but most of all I missed the first boy who ever called me perfect.

"So are you excited for high school?", he asked.

"No because I know that I'll embarrass myself like usual".

"Trust me no you won't".

"Trust me Hayes yes I will. How about you Mr. Quarterback?", I asked.

"Well not really".

"Why?".

"Because I know everyone will expect me to be Mr "popular".

"Yea the labels".

"Yea I hate it".

"I will be labeled loser trust me on that".

"Bella how could you be a " loser" you're perfect".

"Really?".

"Really".