Chapter 39

I woke up feeling ok but I was still really pissed from last night. After I left everyone got ice cream and I just watched everyone's snapchats and no one noticed I went missing. I got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth and then my mom dropped me off to school. When I got to school none of my friends were there so I walked to my locker, put my sweatshirt away, when I closed my locker two boys were standing behind it. The boys were cute and I knew them from my civics class. One of the boys was Grayson and the other was Logan.

"Hi?, I asked.

"Hey I'm Logan and this is Grayson and we wanted to know if you maybe wanted to hang out sometime with us sometime".

I saw Hayes looking at us and I saw the jealous look on his face.

"You guys are cool, so why not".

"Cool, so is Friday ok?, Grayson asked.

"Yeah, that's cool, just let me know".

"See ya in class, Logan said.

As they walked away I walked away smiling because I knew that I made Hayes jealous.

As soon as I was walking down the hall I felt somebody grab my hand and bring me into a closet.

"What?, I asked.

"Wow you moved on quick, Hayes said.

"I'm not going out with them and besides why do you care.

"Cuz I'm your boyfriend".

"Well you're not a very good one".

"How?, because as far as I know I waited for you, and I care for you".

"You sure don't act like it".

"Wow".

"Hayes don't get me started".

"Bella stop being a bitch".

"You're the fuckboy".

He then grabbed my face and kissed me hard , I kissed him back for a second and then I let go and got even more upset.

"Hayes you're so overprotective and I can't take it anymore".

"You wanna break up?".

"Do you?".

We stayed silent for a minute until I said, I guess we're over.

I walked out and tears started to fill my eyes.

"Bella wait, he said".

I just ignored him and walked into the bathroom.

My mascara was running and I cleaned it up and after I was done I went into my first period and I ignored everything.

Lunch

I didn't talk to any of my friends all day and when it came to lunch I sat with Grayson, Logan, this girl named Madison, a girl named Emily, a girl named Natalie, and another boy named James. I could see my friends looking at me and they were confused about why I wasn't sitting with them and I didn't want to explain. I was stressed out and I had a softball game after school and that made me even more stressed out.

After school I put my softball uniform on and I went to the field to practice before the big game. The whole school was coming and it was scary because I was the starting pitcher for the game. I braided my hair and put a bow on and then I put my face mask on. We were playing against our rival Plainview high and I have so much pressure on me to pitch good and to hot good. Before Plainview got to our field we practiced and I was doing good so far on my practice pitches. After I practiced pitching I practiced 2nd base just in case I needed to be switched out.

At about 2:30 the rest of the school started to show up and I got even more nervous because I saw all of my friends and classmates in the crowd and the whole school was counting on me to throw strikes. The game didn't start until 3 so we got to talk to our friends before it started. As I was getting a drink of water I saw Hayes walking on to the bleachers and I got more upset. When I was leaving to stretch Shelby stopped me.

"Are you ok today?, she asked.

"I'm swell".

"No you aren't".

"I know"

"What's wrong".

"Why don't you ask my ex boyfriend who's sitting with your boyfriend".

"You broke up?".

"Uh huh".

"What did he do?".

"Apperantly I'm a bitch and I can't hang out with other guys as my friends".

"I'm so sorry".

"Don't be, he's a jerk".

"I know".

"I don't wanna talk about it".

"Well do good and after this game we'll show him who's boss".

I just looked at her and walked away laughing.

It was finally 3 and the other team and our team was warmed up and we are the home team so we are out in the field first.

I stepped up to the mound and fixed my footing and got ready. I swung my back hand around with the ball and I threw it and the girl swing and missed.

 I swung my back hand around with the ball and I threw it and the girl swing and missed

The crowd of people started to cheer and I pitched two more and I struck the girl out. I pitched to the next girl and she hit it towards 2nd base but the girl on 2nd caught it. The next one I pitched it and the girl got a single. The. next one she hit it directly to 2nd and the 2nd basemen tagged her out. After that our team ran into the dug out and we got our helmets and gloves ready. I was number 3 to bat. The first girl made a single, the 2nd girl struck out and I went up to the plate and I swung and missed at the first one , next I foul tipped the ball , and the next one I hit the ball really hard and I scored a triple. The whole school was on their feet and I looked into the crowd and Hayes was looking at me.

It was now inning 6 the last inning and I was pitching and the best player from the other team was up to bat and I had to pitch

It was now inning 6 the last inning and I was pitching and the best player from the other team was up to bat and I had to pitch. The score was 5-4 and we were up by one and if the girl hit the ball the score would be tied but if I got her out the game would be over. I pitched one to her and it was a ball, the next one was a strike, the next one was a ball, the next one was a foul, and the next one was a ball and now she had 2 and 3 and if I threw a ball the game would be tied. I got up to the mound and threw as hard as I could and I remember the girl hit it really hard. The ball was coming forwards me and I went to reach for it and it hit me in the head.