Chapter 44

End of school day

I was grabbing my sweatshirt out of my lockers when I felt a tight grip on my waist. I turned around to see Hayes standing there with a smirk on his face. I gave him a quick smile and I grabbed my sweatshirt and he let go of my waist.

"How was last period?, he asked".

"You should know, you were with me, I said giggling".

"That's true".

As he was talking to me I saw Hannah looking at us. She looked really mad and annoyed so I just smiled back at her.

"What are you looking at?, he asked me.

"Sorry I was just distracted".

"By what?".

"Don't worry about it?".

"Was it another guy?".

"No".

"Good".

We started heading near the front doors of the school until he stopped me.

"Was it Hannah?, he asked".

"Huh?".

"Was she the one distracting you?".

"Yeah".

"I knew it".

"How?".

"She asked me to get back together with her during 6th period".

"Oh".

"Yeah but I said no".

"Good cuz she's a bitch".

"I know, I'm hungry and I'm scared to go alone".

"Aw so sad for you".

I was just waiting for him to ask me to come with him.

"What if I said I'll buy you lunch".

"Deal".

We got into Nash's car and he drove us to Dairy Queen and he dropped us off and left. We went inside and sat down at a table.

"So what are you hungry for, he asked?".

"I kinda want chicken tenders, how about you?".

"Probably a burger".

When the waitress came she looked like she was 16 and she clearly liked Hayes. She was starting at him and she took his order and forgot about mine. When she got back Hayes ordered mine for me. The girl gave me dirty looks but I ignored her. After waiting 20 minutes the food came.