Chapter Sixty-Nine

Edie

"And we're off!" Rocky cheers and the bus begins to move forward. Everyone cheers, including me. I can't wait to head back home with my family. My true family.

"Movie?" Ryland shouts from the top deck and without even an answer we all stand up and make our way up the stairs. Me being at the back of the queue since it will take me a while up to only get up a few flight of stairs.

As I start stepping up Rikers shoots his hand out in front of me. I look up and he's smiling down at me, I don't hesitate to take his hand and he helps pull me up the stairs.

"Thank you" I smile and he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"How's my niece or nephew in there?"

"Cramped"

He laughs and gives me a small hug before throwing himself down on top of his brothers and sisters. I laugh as they all groan because their brother decided to body slam them. I stand and watch as they get themselves comfortable on the large cushioned area. I have no idea really what to call it, it's the size of a bed, but it's placed in the living area but it is literally a large area covered in cushions.

"Edie?" Ellington distracts me from my thoughts and I see them all staring.

"Sorry" I squeak and slowly make my way down to the group, a lot slower since I have no balance anymore. Once I make my way down I see Ross staring me and and I know exactly what to do. I practically crawl over to him and sit myself down in front of him and lean back on his chest. He grabs one of the many fluffy blankets and throws one across us both, I sigh and relax into him.

"You comfortable?" He whispers in my ear and I nod. This is pure bliss for me.

"What movie?" Ryland asks, flicking through the hundreds of available to us.

"Something romantic!"

"Something scary!"

"Something dramatic!"

Rocky, Ellington and Rydel all say at the same time and we all turn our heads towards Ell.

"Romantic? Really dude?" Rocky laughs and we all join him.

"What? I'm a romantic man!" Ell shoves Rocky and I see Rydel's smile grow wider. After everything that's been going on with the baby I just haven't had a second moment to ask what is going on between them, but something is growing between them.

"This" Ryland clicks the remote and the screen goes dark and the setting of a forest fades up with some creepy music.

"If Edie goes into labour because of this I'm blaming you" Ross says to his little brother and we all giggle. "I'm being serious!"

...

"What a long day" Ross yawns climbing over to the far side of the bed. His side is against the wall, as I'm always getting up throughout the night to pee.

"We didn't do anything?"

"I know, and it was very tiring" He smiles at me lazily, before pulling his t-shirt over his head and crawling under the covers. "Hurry!" He whines and pats the empty space next to him.

"Give me a minute" I giggle. "I'm the size of a house you know"

"You're beautiful" He says softly and I blush from his words. He's called me beautiful so many times but every time he does he never fails to make it feel like the first time.

"So what are we-" My words are suddenly cut short when I feel his lips against my shoulder. I shudder at the feel and lean my head back slightly. He doesn't hesitate to move his lips from my shoulder up to my neck, letting his lips linger on the sweet spot just below my ear.