Chapter Forty Five

*Ross's POV*

As I walked away with Rose close to me I heard a scream from the other side of the street and the sound of tires braking against the road. I snapped my head around and saw a mess of blonde hair sprawled out on the tarmac. Everything became extremely slow from that moment on. I let go of Rose and ran towards my girlfriend who could be dead right now. The girlfriend, not even a minute a go, I left on her own after calling her crazy. I dodged the cars piling up behind the accident, towards my girl. My heart stopped at that very moment when I saw her on the ground. Her leg was gushing with blood and her skin had gone pale. Strangers gathered around us, obviously trying to see a real life car accident that they could tell to their families and friends when they get home. My blood boiled while they stood there, doing nothing.

"Someone call a fucking ambulance!!" I yelled, making our watchers jump and reach for their cell phone. Everyone's voices become a faint noise in the background as I brushed the hair away from Edie's face. Why did I leave her? What have I done?

I leaned my ear down to her chest and I could barely hear her heart beat. She was dying right in front of me and it was all my fault...

"The ambulance is here son" A middle aged man place his hand on my shoulder. I was so caught up in checking Edie was still breathing that I didn't hear the sirens get closer. I was moved out of the way when three paramedics surrounded my girlfriend attempting to save her.

"Is she a friend of yours?" The female paramedic asked while attaching a oxygen mask on Edie's face.

"I'm her boyfriend" I stuttered. She nodded her head before getting back to work. A stretcher was brought out and she was lifted out. The male paramedic walked with the stretcher applying pressure to her leg.

"She's done a lot of damage to her leg, she needs to get to the hospital now"

Those words just echoed around me. This wasn't how today was meant to be. We would be home by now, cuddled up watching a movie. I would have her in my arms and her head would be nuzzled into the crook of my neck. I would be able to smell her strawberry scented shampoo and she would fall asleep on my chest.

"Are you coming or not boy?" I pushed all the thoughts out of my head and jumped into the back of the ambulance with my girl. She can't die, she can't leave me.

*Edie's POV*

My eyes felt heavy and I could hear an annoying beeping sound next to me. My throat was dry and my chest felt as if it has caved in. I could hear muffled voices around me and as I slowly opened my eyes I was blinded by the brightness of the room. I was laid flat in a bed, a hospital bed to be precise. I knew instantly that someone was wrong. Very wrong

"Miss Henry, you're awake!" As my eyes adjusted I noticed the flowers surrounding me and the young doctor stood at the end of my bed studying the notes in his hand. I opened my mouth to speak but my throat felt like it was on fire.

"Don't try and talk just yet Edie, you've been in surgery so you've had a tube down your throat to help you breathe" My eyes widened at his words. Surgery? "The pain should die down soon but for the moment try not say anything"

I nodded but looked at him for more answers. He understood the look and carried on talking.

"You've been involved in a serious accident Edie, you got hit by a car and right leg has been severely damaged."

As I looked up I gasped at the sight in front of me. My leg was surrounded by a metal casing, almost like a cage and four visible metal rods stuck out of my skin.

"Your fibula was shattered, which answers what you are thinking about these" He points to the horrifying rods. "Also you fractured your femur but that will heal perfectly find on it's own"

My head hit the pillow as I processed what the doctor had just told me. I was hit by a car and now my right leg is basically broken everywhere. I looked around again and the room was empty, not including me and the doctor. Even when I get run over my boyfriend isn't here. Did he even see it happen? Or was he already to far ahead walking Rose home.

Rose.

What if he was with her all night? Or day? I don't even know what time it is let alone what day. I have no idea how long I was in surgery for.

"How long have I been here?" My voice was raspy and incredibly quiet. I'm praying the doctor heard me, I can't bare repeating it.

"Two days, you were in surgery for quite a long time" He smiled, this was nothing to smile about. Ross would of gone back to the apartment and noticed I wasn't there. Would he have gone looking for me? Or I am too much of a crazy girlfriend. Many memorise of that day was lost but what he called me, that was clear in my mind. He doesn't care. If he did he would be here, he would be....

The door to my hospital room opened and Ross walked in. His eyes were bloodshot and he was still wearing the same clothes that he had on two days ago. As soon as his eyes met mine they widened.

"Edie!" He ran to my side and grabbed my cold hands in his very warm ones. Tears filled his eyes and he studied my face carefully.

"I'll give you two some privacy" the doctor left the room leaving Ross smiling at me.

"I was so worried about you baby, I thought I lost you" His voice cracked and a tear fell down his cheek. All I wanted to so was wrap my arms around him and being him next to me in this horrible hospital bed. But I couldn't push back the memory of him walking away with the girl who was playing him. He walked away from me and then this happened. If he stayed with me, if he choose me over her I wouldn't be in this mess.

"Baby talk to me" I had to look away because I would start crying and I don't want Ross to see me like that. He sighed and squeezed my hand. "I'm going back home to change. Will you be okay?" I didn't respond and he took the hint and left without another word.

A/N -

Thank you all the commenting on the last chapter! It really meant a lot!

10+ Comments

10+ Votes

For the next chapter!!