Chapter Sixty-Two

Ross's POV

I open my eyes to an empty bed and a pounding headache. I look over at the clock and its already 1pm, I've slept through the whole morning and I can hardly remember last night. As I get out of bed my legs go week and I feel my stomach turn, this is going to be a long day.

When I finally feel okay and less ready to vomit I make my way upstairs. I'm surprised that the house is clean and everything has been placed back to where it was, no one is around though. Usually the morning after a party we all join together in the living room and watch movies all day.

Where the hell is everyone?

"Hello?" I shout out, which makes my head spin more. I stumble into the kitchen and find the aspirin on the kitchen counter. Everyone's obviously had a few this morning. I can't remember anything after kissing Edie before leaving to see some old friends from the Teen Beach Movie set. Everything after that is a blur.

I grab my phone from my pocket and already I have at least ten messages from people who came last night. Probably saying thanks or reminding me of something embarrassing I've done. Last time I fell flat on my ass in front of everyone and I haven't lived it down. But one text stood out for me, I unlocked my phone and the words made my stomach flip again.

From Rydel:

You have so much explaining to do Ross. We're all out for breakfast at the moment but you need to make sure Edie is okay before we come home.

Make sure Edie's okay? Where is she? Why the hell isn't she with them? I go onto my sisters contact details and start calling her.

"Hello?" Her voice sounds through the line, she sounds angry...very angry.

"Hey" Shit...now what? Why do I have a lot of explaining to do?

"Are you at home?" She asks. Where else would I be?

"Yes?"

"Is Edie home yet?"

"What? Where is she?" I stumble over my words. Why the hell did I get so drunk last night? Where the fuck is my girl?

"I have no idea...she left after you passed out" Rydel hesitates with what she's saying and I know she's hiding something.

"Why would she leave?" I'm panicking now. Why the hell would they let her leave in the middle of the night.

"You need to discuss that with her..."

"Rydel! Tell me what the hell is going on!"

"Later Ross...this is your mess, you need to sort it out" And with that she hung up the phone. I ignore the pounding in my head and run down the stairs to my room to find a pair of God damn jeans. I hold my phone between my ear and the constant ringing is making me go mad.

"Pick up the phone Edie!" I say through gritted teeth but her automated voice mail sounds in my ear. I take the phone in my hands and click on our shared messages.

To Edie:

Where the hell are you baby? I'm worried about you! Please call me.

I sit on the edge of the bed for the next twenty minutes. Staring at my phone waiting for her to respond, I'm going to leave it another two minutes before I get in my car and drive all around town until I find her. Let's hope there's no cop cars around because I'm pretty sure I'm still slightly intoxicated...

My phone lights up and my eyes snap to her name written across the screen.

To Ross:

I'm at my Moms house.