Chapter Sixty-One

Edie's POV

"Who's ready for a party!" Riker cheers running out to the back yard.

All day Riker, Rocky, Ross and Ryland have been preparing for the party tonight. The house has been transformed for a night of drinking. The beer pong table is up and Ryland has set up the DJ stand. Rydel has called everyone she can possibly think of and in the next two hours the house will be packed. As soon as Stormie and Mark left I knew this would be a hard week.

"Ratliff is on his way over!" Rydel cheers from the top of the stairs. All the boys are out by the pool so they can't hear her. I took this as my opportunity to interrogate my best friend.

"Del, come down here a second!" I call out, I sit myself up on the counter and Rydel comes rushing down the stairs towards me.

"What's up?" She smiles, her grin is wide and her cheeks pink, as if she's been blushing and she leans against the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"If I say the name 'Ellington' how do you feel?" I smirk, as soon as I say his name her eyes light up.

While I was living in New York I knew there was something going on between them, but between dance class and dealing with my relationship with Ross, I didn't give time towards my best friend. Which is one thing I regret the most.

Me and Rydel have always been there for each other. She was my first friend at The Rage and she stuck by me when me and Ross weren't together. I couldn't ask for a better friend and from now on I need to be there for her, just like she has been for me in the past.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" She giggles.

"You're such a liar!" I laugh, finally feeling myself again...

"So, you're together?" I raise my eyebrow and she nods before jumping up and down quickly. I jump down off the counter and hug her tightly. This is the best news I could hear from her, she's had a crush on Ell for so long and now he's finally realised his feelings too.

"How long?"

"Officially, only a few weeks but the boys don't know" Her eyes widen at the mention of her brothers. She's always worried that if the boys find out about her feelings for their band mate and best friend that the band would be ruined.

"Are you going to tell them?"

"No" She laughs. "We'll just hide it forever" She nods.

"You can't do that"

"Yes we can!" She says back in a childish voice.

"They're going to find out" I place my hand on my hips and she rolls her eyes.

"Not if you keep your mouth shut"

"What's the worst that can happen?" I ask and my best friends sighs.

"What if we argue or break up, which will cause stress on the band. What if we never want to see each other's faces again. That's R5 over! I'd rather give up my feelings then jeopardise our band"

"You can't think like that" I tell her. "You cannot just decide what the outcome will be! Are your feelings strong for him?"

"Yes" She looks up from the floor and I can see the emotion clear in her eyes. She looks like me when somebody mentions how I feel about Ross. Seeing her look that way, that rare moment of pure devotion towards another person, it's so hard to find. So many couples don't get that anymore, the excuse of falling in love is used so much that sometimes it's not even true...only certain couples get that in today's day and age and Rydel and Ell might be lucky enough to share that together.