Chapter Ten

*Ross's POV*

Edie shoved the guitar into my arms and ran out of the classroom. I couldn't blame her, after singing that my mixed feelings about everything are just 100x more mixed now. I couldn't help but think of everything me and Edie had been through and how we ended up in this situation. People began to clap and our teacher walked up to me.

"Good work Mr Lynch, let Miss Henry know that you won't have to perform tomorrow. That was good enough for me."

I nodded and put the guitar down. I ran out of class in the same direction Edie went. But the hallways were empty and I couldn't see her anywhere. I sighed and picked up my bag and walked towards my next class.

*Edie's POV*

I hid in the girls bathroom until the bell rang for my neck class. I kept to myself for the rest of the day and got through all my classes without talking to anyone. By the end of the day I grabbed my things from my locker and headed for my car. I saw Ross waiting at the side of the road by himself. As much as I wanted to talk to him I couldn't force myself to do it. I climbed into my car and sat there for a few minutes in silence. I looked back over to where Ross was standing. He looked sad.

Suddenly the passenger door to my car opened and Danny sat down beside me.

"Hey" I said raising my eyebrow. He smiled and put his seatbelt on.

"What are you doing? I have dance" He nodded and stayed sat there looking at me. I giggled at how stupid he was. "So your coming with me?" He nodded again and grabbed my hand

"I've never seen you dance properly, so I wanna come"

I laughed and started up the car, I looked over to where Ross was standing but he wasn't there anymore. I sighed and backed up out of my parking space and drove towards 'The Rage'. I saw a empty space next to Rydel's, me and Danny climbed out and headed inside.

I quickly got changed and met Danny by the studio. His eyes wondered up and down when I walked out in my leotard and oversized t-shirt. I shook my head and pushed him through the door. He sat down at the side of the room and I joined Rydel in the middle. I started to warm up as Ross walked into the room. He's here again? Rydel obviously saw the expression on my face and nudged me

"He wanted to get out of the house, Ashley has given him a hard time today". I looked from Rydel to a stressed out looking Ross then to Danny who was smiling at me.

This should be fun.

*Ross's POV*

I walked into the studio. After the day I've had I needed to let out some steam. I saw Rydel talking to Edie over the other side of the room. I kept my eye out for Edie all day but she was good at hiding. This was the first time I'd seen her since the incident in music class this morning. She looked perfect as always, and I didn't care about what Ashley would think if she heard me right now. She's been on my case all day, nagging me whenever she could and having a go at me for anything and everything.

Right now I just wish I could talk to Edie, nothing more, just talk. About everything School, the band, touring. I just miss that having someone there. Ashley doesn't really want to hear about anything else that goes on in my life unless it involves her.

I let my eyes wonder around the room and I saw Danny sat at the side of the studio watching Edie. He had a smirk on his face. I knew exactly what he was thinking and anger built up inside me. Danny had a reputation and now he had Edie wrapped around his little finger I knew she was going to get hurt. And I can't bare to see that happen.

Tiffany went through the basics of the new routine. This time Edie was at the front with Rydel and I hid myself in the background. But just as I thought I got away with not being noticed Tiffany called me up to the front of the class.

"Right I want partnered performance during this part of the song. So everyone will go off stage at this point. I need you and Edie to give us a good performance at this point so the others can get ready for the next number. I would have Rydel do it with you but I need it to have passion and emotion and that would be a bit uncomfortable with your sister. So Edie get your butt over here and sort this out!"

*Edie's POV*

I froze. Another dance with Ross? I looked over to Danny who didn't look happy with this idea. I sighed and walked over to Ross. I would just have to deal with it.

"Any ideas?" I asked stretching out my leg. He shrugged and started playing with his hands. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the centre of the room.

"We'll start like this"

After about half an hour we figured out a routine. Ross looked a bit more relaxed by this point which was good for me because he kept dropping me every time we had a lift. We went over the routine one last time and did the final lift. We ended in our finishing positions and my eyes were locked on Ross's. He still had his hands on my waist. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Danny walking toward us. I quickly released myself from Ross's grip and stepped away from him. Danny came up next to me and grabbed my wrist.

"We're leaving" He said sternly. "I can't, I still have another hour until class is over"

"I don't care. We're leaving Edie. Now"

"But-"

His eyes widened and his grip tightened around my wrist, almost cutting off the blood circulation.

"Danny, let go!" I pleaded but he stood there. I looked from him to Ross, who had a shocked expression on his face. Danny turned around to him

"And if you touch my girl again you'll be sorry!"

Before Ross could answer back I yanked my arm from him and ran out of the studio. Danny wasn't far behind me. I grabbed my bag and ran towards my car. Before I got a chance to open the door Danny slammed me against the side of my car.

"Stop it!" I yelled as I tried to force him off me.

"Your not innocent in this either! Letting him touch you and flirting! I'm your boyfriend not him!" He screamed.

"Danny! That's what we have to do! I'm a dancer! It doesn't mean anything!"

He pinned my arms down and glared at me. "It looked like 'something' to me. I've warned you Edie. Do it again and I'm gone!"

I wish he was gone. I was so scared. I'd never seen Danny this angry before, over something small as well. I felt tears well up in my eyes as he tried to kiss me. I couldn't move my upper body from where he had me pinned but I tried to kick him off. This didn't help. He got even more angry and pushed me to the ground.

"Your lucky to even have me Edie. Don't ruin it." Then he walked away. Leaving me alone on the floor. I collected my things from the floor and hurried into my car. I locked myself in and cried. I cried until I had no more tears.

Why wasn't anything going right?

I made my way home and got to my room before anyone noticed I was home. I showered and climbed into bed. As I plugged my phone into charge I noticed I had a text.

Hope your alright. Sorry about what happened tonight. See you tomorrow. Ross x