Chapter Four

*Edie POV*

I walked into the house and just stood there for a moment. Listening to everything. I could hear the twins running around upstairs. They were mad. But I still loved them to bits. Sometimes it was nice being the only girl.

All of a sudden Dylan ran up in front of me and threw me over his shoulder. Dylan was three years older then me. We've always been really close but ever since he got his agent and he's been getting a few jobs for commercials and extra's in tv shows I've hardly seen him. Not that I'm home myself. But when I do spend time with him it's great.
"Look who's home" He said carrying me into the kitchen. I smelt my moms cooking and it made my mouth water. I was never home to eat with my family. Dylan placed me down and my dad came over and hugged me. "Hello Princess"
I smiled and hugged him back. "Hey"

"No classes tonight?" My mom asked.

"No, they were canceled"

"It's nice to see you again!" Dylan's laughed. I nudged him and messed up my hair.

"Edie!" The twins screamed in unison and pinned me to the ground. I hugged them both and started to tickle them. They both screamed with laughter. "Hey buddy's". They jumped up again and ran into the other room. I laughed and sat on the counter. "How was school?" Mom asked.

"Alright I guess"

"You guess?"

"Me and Ross were paired up in music"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Mom!"

She sighed. "Honey I know you and Ross don't talk anymore but at least try and get on with him."

"It's more complicated then that mom."

"Go and get changed. Dinner won't be for another half an hour yet"

I climbed off the counter and made my way to my room. I dumped my bag on my double bed and went into my bathroom. Which was an advantage of being the only girl. Mom thought it would be better if I had my own privacy then having to share a bathroom with boys.

I climbed into the shower and washed my body and hair. I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. I went into my bedroom and started looking through my closet for my sweat pants.

"Uh...." I heard from behind me. I jumped and spun around to see Ross sat on my bed. My eyes widened and held my towel tightly around my body. I ran straight back into the bathroom and slammed the door.

What the hell was her doing in my room?!

*Ross'a POV*

I placed myself on Edie's bed and waited a few moments. Her mom said she was in the shower so I should wait in her room. I looked around seeing all her photographs on her dresser. There was one of her and Rydel and even one of her and Ellington Rocky and Riker. But none of me and her. I had so many photographs of us together. But obviously hidden away. Maybe she was doing the same.

The bathroom door began to open and I held my breathe for a second. Edie walked out, not even acknowledging that I was there, wrapped in a towel with her hair dripping wet. I swear my jaw must of hit the floor, I couldn't help it. She walked to her closet and started to pick out some clothes. I had to do something or she would get changed right in front of me and if she saw me she would kill me. Seriously.

"Uh..." Was the only sound that left me. Edie jumped and turned around, her eyes widened and she tried to cover her body more. I could see she was trying to speak but she just grabbed her stuff and ran back to the bathroom.

Damn.

I waited a bit longer. Until she walked out in sweat bands and a tank top. With her hair in a ponytail. "What are you doing here?" She asked curiously. "I...uh...you left your hoodie in the car" I stumbled, "Your mom let me up". She grabbed it off me.
"You could have just waited till tomorrow to give it back"

"Oh, sorry...it's just-"

"Ross stop. Thanks for the hoodie ok? Now can I go to bed?"

"Sure, sorry"

"Thanks"

I made my way to the door but turned around to see her climbing into bed. She still slept on the right side of the bed, the left side is my side. Or was my side.

"We're having a party next week. You should come"

"No thanks" She said quietly.

"I know Rydel wants you there. Please?"

"I don't know..."

"Look I know things...happened between us. But don't let it stop you from having fun."

Her head shot up and she looked directly at me. Everything was silent.

"Fine."

I smiled "Awesome! Oh and don't forget to tell me what song we're doing for class"

"I'm still thinking about it"

"Alright. Sleep well"

She smiled slightly and I left. Wow she actually talked to me. Without being rude or threatening me. Maybe things are looking up. I laughed to myself and made my way home.