Chapter Five

*Edie's POV*

Tonight was the Lynch's party. I was dreading it. I didn't want to go, I hate parties, and I didn't want to go because all I would see is Ross eating his girlfriends face and I'd be left alone looking like a loser.

I slipped on my dress after putting my hair up into a messy bun type of look with some loose curls. I grabbed my phone and left the house. This was the first party I'd been to since previous summer...and I was really nervous.

I started to hear the music coming from the house. People were making they're way in and everywhere was full. There were people in the living room, in the pool, sat on the kitchen counters and stairs. Seems like the Lynch's knew the whole of the school. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to see Rydel. "Hey!" She shouted over the music. I smiled and she dragged me overt the drinks table. Stormie and Mark were obviously away this weekend because Riker had got in a lot of alcohol. They seem all sweet an innocent on screen but in reality they were totally different. Still good people but not what you expect. Rydel handed me a drink and I downed it straight away.

What? I never said I was sweet and innocent. I have no need to be.

"Wow, you be careful! I'll be back in a minute." Rydel shouted and she walked off. Surprise surprise I was on my own. I looked around and my eyes stopped at Ross. He was talking to his friends from school, his arm was wrapped securely around Ashley's waist. I put my attention onto something else and I saw Ryland sitting on his own on the stairs. I started to walk towards him until some guy stepped in front of me. He had brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and black converse. "Hey" He smiled. "Uh, Hi" I said quietly.
"I saw you standing alone so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Danny" He held out his hand in front of me. I just looked from his hand back to his face. "Or not..." He pulled his hand away.

"No, sorry. I'm Edie"

"Nice to meet you. So you know the Lynch's well?"

"Guess you could say that. You?"

"Not really, I came with my sister. She knows them"

"Awesome..."

We stayed silent for a bit until Danny spoke up again. "Want a drink?"

"Sure" I followed him and he handed me a red cup. I downed my drink again. He just stared at me. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, just it's quite early to be downing drinks just yet"

"Trust me, I need a drink"

He smiled "Okay". And handed me another cup. I smiled. Maybe this kid wasn't so bad.

They night flew by. I checked my phone 1am. I was still sat with Danny. We found a spot on the sofa but there was I only room for one of us so he pulled me down on his lap. By this point I'm quite drunk. But not enough to not know what I'm doing or where I was. Danny pulled me closer to him. We'd talked a lot in the last few hours and he was a really nice guy. "If I do something. Promise you won't run away?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded and the next thing I knew he crashed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back and our lips moved together. It soon turned into a full on make out session. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my hands were in his hair and he pulled me closer to him until there was no space between us.

I haven't kissed a guy in so long. I missed it.

"Danny!" Someone screamed. I pulled away to see an angry looking Ashley stood over us. "What the fuck are you doing?!" She screamed. Ross stood behind her and his eyes were locked on me. "I was kissing my good friend Edie here" He replied and I giggled. "Why?! Danny just get away from her, she's no good!" She hissed. I glared at her. Who does she think she is?
"Why is it any of your business what we're doing?" I said coldly.
"Because he's my brother!"

I turned to face Danny. "Brother?"

"Yeah, we're twins. Ashley why does it matter if I kissed her or not?"

"Because I know about her and let me tell you, she's not good enough for you!"

"You don't know anything about me!" I yelled.

"I know enough sweetheart. Ross has told me everything"

"Oh everything eh?" I glared at Ross.

"Yeah. You just left him after the summer was finished. You said you loved him and then you left and he was crushed. But I'm glad you did because if not we wouldn't be so happy together!" She smiled and hugged Ross's waist. Ross just stayed silent. I climbed off Danny's lap. "Well if you know so much you must remember him telling you that I left because your precious boyfriend right here cheated on me. On the night of my birthday"

"Edie-" Ross began but I stopped him. "Don't even bother. The fact that you said our break up was my fault is unbelievable! I really hope your happy with yourself Ross because you've turned into someone I thought you'd never become." I stormed out the door after that leaving the three of them there silent. I felt warm tears on my cheek. I stopped outside the house and removed my heels and started walking again.

"Edie wait!" I turned around and saw Danny running towards me. "Go away" I whispered. He ignored me and pulled me into a hug and then I began to cry into his chest. "Shhhh" he rubbed my back. "I'm walking you home"

"No, it's fine"

"I'm not letting you walk home alone, come on"

We walked in silence until we reached my door. "Thank you" I said quietly.
"No problem. Sorry about my sister" He shoved his hands in his pockets.
"Hmm, yeah thanks."

"I didn't know you knew her. Or that Ross was your ex"

"Not exactly the subject I turn to when I meet someone new"

He laughed a little. "See you around Edie" Danny walked away from my house in the other direction. I found the key in my plant pot and got inside. I quietly made my way to my room and got out of my dress and into my shorts and found a old t-shirt of Ross's tucked away in my draw. I know I shouldn't even consider wearing it, but I couldn't help it. After the night I just had I needed something to remind me of good times. Even if it did make me feel like shit. I climbed into bed and let sleep take over me.