Chapter Twenty Nine

*Edie's POV*

I have my audition for Juilliard.

"Edie?" Ross put me down again and stared at me. "What's wrong?"

"Two days?" I asked looking up at my boyfriend.

"Yeah? Is it really going to take you that long to pack?" He laughed a little but his face went serious again when I didn't join in.

"Ross, I got a letter today...."

"What's happened? What's wrong?" He asked as he started to panic.

I shook my head. "No nothing's wrong. It's just it was from Juilliard...I have my audition" I slightly smiled and Ross's face broke into a smile.

"That's amazing baby! When is it? You and Rydel can rehearse while we're on tour so you're ready for when we get home!"

Ross kept talking for what felt like forever. It all just started to sound like noise. I had so much going through my mind, what do I choose? My audition that will determine my future career or travel around the world with my boyfriend while he his focusing on his career.

"Ross stop!" I snapped and Ross fell silent. "The audition isn't after the tour....it's next week"

Ross just stayed silent. Until Stormie walked over. "Did I just hear you have an audition for Juilliard? Well done sweetie!" She cheered while patting my back.

"Thank you" I said quietly.

"Next week? But babe we go on tour in two days."

Stormie patted my shoulder before leaving the room again. Obviously seeing the tension between me and Ross. I sighed.

"I know, but I didn't find out until today" I said grabbing his shoulders. "Ross this is Juilliard we're talking about. I got an audition. That's a big thing! I have to do this!"

"So you're choosing an audition over traveling the world with me? Wow thanks!" Ross rolled his eyes and started walking away.

"Well you'll only be starting your tour so why don't I meet you! I can drive up to wherever you'll be!" I smiled hoping he would understand.

"We're going to straight to Paris. You can't just meet us!" He was getting upset but it looked more like anger.

"Why not?"

"Because Edie! It's money, planning! We can't do that in two days!"

I sighed. "Ross I've been waiting to get an audition for Juilliard for months. Now I finally have the chance to get into the school!"

"I thought you'd much rather choose to go on tour with me then go to school!"

I felt myself getting angry. Why could he not understand this is a chance of a life time.

"Ross just think, really think! Don't you get this is an amazing opportunity?" I smiled trying to keep the situation calm, but Ross wasn't taking it lightly.

"And going on tour around the world with me isn't an amazing opportunity either?" He started to raise his voice by this point and I just put my hands up in defeat.

"I'm going to the studio. I'm not fighting with you!" I walked towards the door but Ross grabbed my arm.

"No Edie, you choose now. Me or the audition"

How could he make me choose? How could he be so stubborn. If I chose my audition it meant I'd be away from Ross for months. But if I went for my audition I could have a chance to get into Juilliard. My dream.

"So what's it going to be?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"The audition"