Chapter Twenty Five

*Edie's POV*

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself on the couch. I looked up to see Ross smiling down at me. I lifted my head from his lap and looked around.

"Edie you're awake!" Rydel cheered and sat by my side. I smiled weakly and held my head.

"I had a horrible dream" I said rubbing my eyes. "My parents were here and...and-" I stopped my sentence when I noticed Rydel's expression had changed.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked looking from Rydel to Ross who looked down at his hands.

"Baby, it wasn't a dream" Ross said slowly. I started to feel sick and the colour drained from my face. I thought it was a nightmare. I'd dreamed my parents had said such a cruel thing, that in reality they were waiting at home so worried, waiting for their daughter to come home.

"Your Mom's still here" Rydel said placing her hand on my shoulder. "She wanted to wait till you woke up. To talk to you."

I went to speak but Ross got there before me. "Your Dad's gone home".
I nodded and followed Ross into the kitchen where my Mom was sat with Stormie.

"I'll leave you two to talk. Come on Ross" Stormie stood up and Ross started to follow her out the kitchen.

"No" I said quickly. "Can Ross stay?"
Ross looked from his Mom to mine and they both nodded. Stormie left and then we both sat opposite at my Mom at the table. Her eyes were bloodshot, she looked like she hadn't slept for days. She reached across the table and tried to grab my hand but I pulled away.

"Edie please" She pleaded as she started crying again. I shook my head and placed my hands on my lap.

"I want to know the truth. I want to know everything" I said sternly as I looked at my Mom dead in the eye. She nodded and took a deep breath.

"After me and your father had Dylan, we wanted another baby...I wanted another baby. We tried for two years and nothing happened." She sighed and took a sip of her coffee sat there in front of her. "The doctors told me that I wouldn't be able to have anymore children. But I wanted one so badly, your Dad didn't approve, but soon agreed. That's when we found you" My Mom tried to smile but I just sat there, with a blank expression on my face. Taking in everything that I just heard. And knowing there was more to come scared me even more.

She sighed again. "We adopted you, and you were ours. We didn't love you any less. Your were our baby, we never treated you differently. You were ours."

"What about the twins though? They said you couldn't have anymore children?"

"That's what I thought as well...until one day I found out I was pregnant. I didn't believe it when they said I was. I thought it was mean joke. But then they said we were having twins, I was so happy. I got the family I always wanted!" She smiled weakly and wiped a tear from her eye.

I was the child they wanted but couldn't have. Then they find out they can have more kids. What if they found out they could of had more children before they got me. Where would I have been? Who would of I been living with.

Ross noticed I was starting to get upset over all of this and he grabbed my hand. He smiled softly and then I began to think again.

Who is my real family? My Mom and Dad. Why would they want to get rid of me? Why didn't they want me?

"Where did I come from?" I asked.

My Mom's eyes widened and she shook her head. "Edie, please you have heard the story can we just leave it at that?"

I shook my head. "I want to know!"

"I am your mother and I say-"

I stood up and hit the table. "You are not my Mother! The man I thought was my Father has made that clear! I deserve to know where I came from! Who I am!"

"You are you, because of how me and your...father raised you!" My Mom shouted back.

"I deserve to know!" I was now crying and Ross pulled me back down into my seat.

"When we adopted you the women-"

"My real Mom" I cut her off.

She sat there for a few seconds and had a hurt look in her eyes. She nodded and carried on talking.

"When we adopted you, your...Mom was only a young girl. She couldn't cope with you"

"How old was she?" I asked.

"Only sixteen"

My real Mom was a teenage mother.
"What was she like?" I wanted to know so badly where I come from.

"You look like her. She had long blonde hair and fair skin like you. But her eyes were green. She said you had your Dad's eyes, bright blue" I went to ask another question but she had more to say. "And no, I don't know anything about you Father, your parents were still in high school when your Mom got pregnant. She didn't tell him about you, she wanted him to finish school and go to college. That's all I know of him"

"Did she name me?"

"Yes. You were named after your grandmother. She died while your Mom was pregnant with you. Me and your Dad agreed we would keep the name for her. It was her one wish"

I realised I was crying by this point. My Mom nodded her head towards Ross and stood up from the table.

"Before I leave I need you to know I love you very much Edith. You are my daughter and even if it's not by blood I am and always will be your Mom."

I nodded at her with tears in my eyes. "I love you...but I can't come home...I just can't"

"I understand" She whispered. "I hope I can see you again one day. When you have children of your own...Ross you take care of my little girl. She needs you"

"I will, I love her very much" Ross said looking at me. And with that my Mom, the women I thought was my mother, who raised me....left. Leaving me alone.

Making me realise I don't know who my real family is. There somewhere out there, living their lives. Maybe my Mom still thinks of me everyday? Wishing she never let me go? Or does she not want me at all, she has a happy life now. Knowing the kid she had at sixteen didn't ruin her life.

I needed to know. I needed more answers!

A/N- So Edie is adopted!! Who would have thought! What will happen now? Will this secret drive a wedge between Edie and Ross? Will she ever talk to her parents again? Will she find her real Mom?

You'll have to wait and find out!

What do you guys think so far of the Fan Fic? Comment and let me know!

5 Comments for the next chapter?

💕💕💕