Chapter Forty Three

I woke up with Ross's head on my stomach, snoring lightly. I reached over and grabbed my phone, 8:00am. My classes didn't start until 4pm this evening, I planned to spend my day in bed and I'm sure Ross wouldn't disagree with my plan either. I threaded my fingers through his messy blonde hair, pushing it away from his face. He lifted his head slowly and gave me a lazy smile.

"Morning" His voice was raspy and it made my heart flutter, I was glad that I'm now the only one who can hear that.

"Hey" I whispered still combing his hair with my fingers. He placed his head back down on my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I like that" He mumbled into his shirt that covered my chest. I bought my other hand up to his scalp and started to massage his head even more. His eyes closed and a groan escaped his lips.

"Whatever you two are doing in there stop now!!"

Rocky's voice boomed through the hallway and I froze. I completely forget the others had spent the night in Ross's living room. I put my arms by the side of my body and Ross's rolled off me so he was lying next to me.

"Sorry" He whispered.

"It's okay, we weren't doing that they think we were doing" I giggled and kissed his cheek lightly. Suddenly I was trapped underneath his body and his lips connected with the sensitive flesh just above my collarbone.

"If only, eh babe?" He smirked and started to suck at my skin again, my breath hitched as her carried on teasing me. My hands instantly went to his face, trying to lead his tortuous lips to my own but he wouldn't move.

"We have to go out there, or they'll come in here" He mumbled against my skin, planting one last kiss on my forehead before climbing out the bed, leaving me dazed.

"You're such tease" I whined rolling over onto my stomach and covering my head with the pillow. I heard Ross laugh before the room went silent, I looked out from the darkness and the room was empty.

I slowly pulled myself out from the my warm heaven and pulled on a pair of black shorts and white tank top. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up into a pony tail.

"Babe!!" Ross cried, I jumped at his panicked voice and ran into the kitchen to find him, Rocky and Riker gathered around the pan with a black, burning pancake smoking in front of the them. As I opened my mouth to speak the smoke alarm deafened me.

"What the hell did you do?" I shouted over the alarm.

"I was trying to cook!" He pouted. "Someone turn it off!"

The boys started rushing around the kitchen in search of the alarm. Suddenly the room went quiet again, my ears were still ringing as I looked towards Ross who gave me an innocent smile.

"I leave for five minutes and you have already tried to burn down the place?" Rydel giggled standing next to the alarm with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I was trying to cook" Ross whined and I laughed. He shot me a glare before pulling me into his arms and resting his chin on top of my head.

"You're an idiot, you know that?"

"Yeah" He sighed squeezing me tighter.

"So Riker" I smiled sweetly turning around to face him but making sure I was secure in Ross's arms.

"So what?" His voice went higher as he tried to avoid contact with me.

"You and Nina?" I giggled which caused Riker's ?cheeks to turn a bright pink. Suddenly everyone started to baby him.

"Edie!" He whined and blushed even more. I unwrapped myself from my boyfriend arms and leaned up to Riker's ear.

"I text her number to your phone"

His eyes lit up and quickly left the kitchen in search of his phone. I laughed and walked back into Ross's arms. As I enjoyed my moment with Ross my eyes travelled to Rydel and Ell stood in the door way of the kitchen. Rydel's back was against the door frame while she looked at Ell and they laughed together, the one thing that surprised me most was their hands were laced together. Why had no one else noticed this? Especially her brothers!

"Ross?" I looked up so I could bring my mouth to his ear. "Rydel and Ell, what's going on?" I whispered. I knew they liked each other, I remember Rydel telling about how Ellington had decided to call it quits with Kelly and told her about his feelings. But I'd been away to long to realise anything might of happened between them. My heart sank a little at the thought of not being around to even notice my best friend was finally happy with the guy she'd been crushing on for months.

"What about them?" He whispered back with a goofy smile on his face.

"Are they together?" I stupidly asked, knowing the answer already. He nodded his head and I sighed.

"I'll be back in a minute" I mumbled before leaving the kitchen and sulking into the bedroom. I know I shouldn't be acting like this but sometimes I regret leaving them all, I love New York and Juilliard but leaving the only family I guess I had made me miss home sometimes.

"Edie?" Ross stood in the doorway with a worried expression on his face.

"Sorry, I'll be right out"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I-"

"No, your not alright. Tell me what's wrong, we need communication now Edie" He sat next to me and like a magnet I leaned against his lean body.

"I miss Cali" I sighed.

"You do?" He almost sounded shocked by my statement.

"Yeah, I miss your Mom and Dad and the others when their not here"

"We'll go and visit them soon" He smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder. That was if I could get some holiday from Julliard and if I could afford the travel back, not to speak of the exams I have coming up. Everything's just to much at the moment.

A/N -

Sorry for the short chapter but I'm really struggling to write chapters for the rest of this story.

Are you guys still enjoying reading this book?

Be honest with me :(

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions of what you want to read? Send me a message I'd really appreciate it!

❤️❤️❤️