Chapter Sixty-Five

*Ross's POV*

"You guys almost ready?" My dad calls down down the bus. A sound of 'Yes' fills the space and I quickly pull my t-shirt over my head.

"Guessing you're not coming inside then?" I look over at my girlfriend sat on one of the black leather seats in a pair of my sweat pants and tank top, underneath a fluffy blanket.

"Nope" She slightly smiles and pulls the blanket up more over her bump.

Her bump.

Our baby.

Even now, as we get closer and closer to being parents, I still can't believe this is actually happening. It's doesn't seem right. Me and Edie should be living the dream right now, she's on tour with me, we're together and we should be traveling the country together. Sneaking off at nights to watch the stars or just living our lives before the chance of marriage and a family come around.

But it seems like we've done that backwards and the family is coming first.

"I'm worried about you being on the bus on your own" I grab my 'R' ring and slip it onto my finger, before kneeling in front of Edie. "You can even stay in the dressing room"

"I'll be fine" She sighs, placing her hand on top of mine. "I'm going to have a shower, and go to bed"

"When's the last time you came to watch a show?"

"When I had a flat stomach" She giggles and I roll my eyes.

"When are we next staying at a hotel?"

I know this is hard on her, sleeping on a tour bus and being pregnant, but this is the promise we had to make. This change has affected everyone, not just me and Edie. So in order to make sure is everyone is happy we agreed to tour. I know Edie is hiding her discomfort because she'll refuse to upset anyone anymore.

"The day after tomorrow" I tell her and I see her smile fade.

"Okay..."

"What's wrong baby?" No way can she hide anything from me.

"Nothing...I-"

"Edie"

"My back, these beds are killing me" She whispers as her eyes become glossy.

"What?"

"Ross!" My Dad's voice sounds down the bus again.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because...I didn't want to make a fuss or-"

"Babe, this is much more then making a fuss" I take her cheeks between my hands. "If you're in pain I need to know, I need to make sure you're okay"

She doesn't even look at me and I can hear my band calling my name again.

"Please come into the venue and you can take a nap on one of couches in the dressing room" I tilt her chin to make her look at me.

"I can't, you know I can't" She protectively places her hand over her stomach.

"Babe you'll be okay!" I promise her. "Please, do this for me"

"I-"

"Let me take care of you"

"Okay" She barely whispers.

...

Edie's POV

"How are you doing?" Savannah asks, from the opposite couch.

Even though Ross told me sleep there was no way I could've since the vibration of the bands music sounded through the walls and not being in a different place made me wary of falling asleep.