Chapter Twenty Three

*Edie's POV*

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the door closing. I looked up to see Ryland had woken up and obviously left the room after seeing me and Ross together.

I turned around to see Ross still asleep. He lips were parted and he was slightly snoring. His arms were still securely around my waist and our legs were crossed over each other's. I leaned in slowly and planted a small sweet kiss on Ross's cheek. I watched as his eyes slowly opened and he gave me a sleepy smile.

"Morning beautiful" He mumbled while releasing me and then stretching. I sat up and waited for to Ross finish his much needed stretch. He soon fell back but ended to leaning back against my chest, so he was sat between my legs. He looked up at me and pouted his lips, I giggled and leaned down and kissed him. Once we pulled away I leaned back against the headboard and started playing with his hair.

"What do you want to do today?" Ross asked taking my hands away from his head and intwining our fingers. I shrugged. Ross turned himself around so he was lying on his stomach but propped himself up on his elbows.

"We could go to the beach?"

I shook my head and he started to think again.

"What about mini golf?" He suggested. But I shook my head again. He sighed and I gave him a small smile.

"Is there anything you want to do?"

I pointed to my lips and smiled sweetly. Ross smirked and grabbed my leg. He pulled me down so I was completely underneath him and he was holding himself up with his hands. I let out a giggle when Ross started bringing his face closer to mine, so our noses were almost touching. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself towards him so our bodies were touching. He brushed his lips across mine and I couldn't hold it any longer. I captured his lips in a deep, passionate kiss. Ross's tongue traced my bottom lip begging for entrance and I accepted. Our tongues fought for dominance but soon Ross won. His lips left mine and soon started tracing my jawline and neck. He grabbed my arms and pinned them down next to me so he was in full control. I arched my back trying to not let a moan escape me. Just as Ross was about to pull up my t-shirt I started to squirm underneath him. I removed his lips from my skin and looked at me confused. I shook my head and he got off me and sat crossed legged in front of me.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?"

"No! It's not you at all" I sighed. "It's me. I want you, I really do. But if doesn't feel like it's the right time..." I trailed off. I looked up at my boyfriend who was nodding.

"I understand. When you're ready, you let me know. I can wait" He smiled.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"I could guess, but I'd probably get the wrong answer" He smirked.

"You would be correct!" I laughed. "Actually, I do have an idea for today. Can we go back to my house and pack my things?"

Ross nodded and we both got out of bed. I left the room and walked back towards Rydel's room. On the way I bumped into Ryland. He nudged me and laughed.

"Caught you this morning!"

"Please don't say anything!" I begged. After the week I've had, I couldn't bare to get Ross into trouble with his parents.

"I won't!" He winked, then his face turned serious. "But just don't do anything when I'm in there"

I scrunched up my nose and made a face. Ryland burst out laughing and pushed me lightly.

"You know we wouldn't"

"Good, glad to know!" He laughed and walked towards his room.

I got to Rydel's room and found a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans and a white tank top. I brushed my hair and left it down. I put on some foundation and mascara. Not overloading since we weren't doing much today. Once I was ready I met Ross downstairs. Everyone was off doing their own thing so it was just us.

Ross drove us a few minutes down the road to my house. My parents cars weren't parked in the driveway, so they were back at work. Once I got into the house I looked around, photos of me and my brothers filled the room. Smiling and laughing. Seeing Dylan's face again made my heart sink. I missed him so much.

The house was so quiet. I was hardly ever home by myself. I was so used to arriving home and hearing chatter or laughter. Hearing the twins run around pretending they were superheroes saving their stuffed animals from evil. Or Dylan playing guitar in his room.

Dylan's room. I somehow made my way upstairs and was now standing in the middle of the blue and white room. Everything was exactly the same. Nothing had changed or moved. Ross approached me and leant his head against my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

I took a deep breathe and nodded.

I didn't know if this was the last time I'd ever see Dylan's room. If if was I wanted to remember everything. The sights, the smell. I walked towards the bed and lifted the pillow up. I picked up a small blue blanket that was hidden underneath. I placed the pillow back nearly and held the blanket close to me. Dylan never went anywhere without it when we was younger. The blanket was his pride and joy. He loved it. And even at almost 21 years old he still kept it. I took the blanket and walked into my room. I pulled out my suitcase and put the blanket in first. My parents doesn't know he still had it. He told them he got rid of it because he was to old. I was the only one who knew he kept it.

I grabbed the rest of my clothes and packed them away. Ross had collected a few boxes and started packing away my photo frames and other belongings.

Each photo he packed he took a seconded to look at it carefully. I could tell he was hoping to find one of me and him somewhere. When we broke up I packed them all away. I wondered over to my bed and pulled out a tin from underneath it. I sat down and patted the space beside me. Ross took a seat next to me and I passed him the tin. He opened it and he smiled slightly. In there was dozens of photos of me and Ross.

The first one he picked up was of us at the beach. Ross had his arm around my shoulder and I had both of mine wrapped around his waist. After this photo was taken Riker hit Ross with a football and gave him a black eye.

The second one was when we took a trip to New York in December. We were in the middle of Times Square, I was on Ross's back with my arms and legs spread out. Ross had a huge grin on his face while holding me up.

"I remember that. You slipped on ice that day and twisted your ankle. I carried you around on my back"

I giggled and leaned against my boyfriend. We sat there for another half an hour looking through photos. Laughing and smiling as we remembered all the times we spent together.

"You kept them all?" He asked closing the tin back up.

"Yeah...It was nice looking at the happy times...when things weren't so good" I shrugged and took the tin off him. I put it in the box in front of me and taped it up.

Soon we both finished packing and finished putting it all in the car. I walked around my empty room one more time and took in the last few moments in the house and then locked the door.

As we headed home Ross reached over and grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips.

"I'm so proud of you" He smiled.

"Why?" I asked.

"You've been through so much. And doing this must of been hard. I'm just really proud of you" We stopped at a red light and Ross looked at me.

"I love you" I smiled and smashed my lips onto his. He kissed me back until a car beeped behind us. We pulled away and laughed. Ross drove us home and the boys helped us take all my things to Rydel's room. I unpacked some clothes but left everything else in their boxes.

I joined everyone downstairs who were about to start watching a movie. I sat next to Ross and he put his head on my lap. I started playing with his hair as we settled down to watch the film.

Half way through the film I felt myself slowly starting to fall asleep. Until someone started banging on the front door. We all jumped at the noise and Riker paused the film. We all looked at each other wondering if anyone was expecting a visitor. We all shrugged and Rocky got off the couch and opened the door to some visitors I wasn't expecting.

My parents.