Chapter Seventy-Four

Ross

I pace back and forth along the bus, it feels like it's been days but only a few short hours. How can this be happening? We were so close to being at home, our safe haven. The right place to be for our baby to arrive.

"Edie, breathe!" My Mom instructs her, taking hold of her hand as Edie screams out in pain. By this point now my Mom has got Edie to lie back and is trying to help her through the pain, but nothing is working. Seeing her in pain makes me feel so helpless, there is nothing I can do to stop this.

"I can't" She sobs and I sit down beside her and stroke her cheek gently with my fingertips. "It hurts"

"It will hurt now, but after all this pain you have someone to love for a lifetime" My Mom looks over to me and I smile towards her. Me and Edie are about to become parents and in a way I don't think we're ready at all for this but there's no stopping it now. Our future is about to slap us right in the face and I need to start preparing myself quickly for it.

My siblings are sat across from us, looking even more frightened then me. Every so often Ryland will cover his ears when Edie cries, while Rydel holds onto Ellington's hand even tighter and by the look on his face she's cutting of the circulation.

"Dad how far are we from the hospital?" I shout down, where my Dad is stood with the driver.

"Another thirty minutes!" He shouts back up to me.

"Come on, you can do this" I encourage her, "Only thirty more minutes and then you can have our baby"

"Ross" She whines, "I can't do this"

"Yes you can" I whisper. "You are so strong Edie, you're one of the strongest people I know, you can do this"

"Her waters haven't broken yet, so we should be okay, it's just-"

Before my Mom can even finish her sentence, Edie gasps and grips the bottom of her bump. My Mom sits back quickly and her eyes go wide.

"What is it?" I ask, leaning over and seeing a wet patch beneath Edie.

"Spoke to soon!" Rocky says and I glare at him, including my Mom once we see Edie begin to panic.

"The baby!" She cries, "I can't have the baby on this damn bus"

"Edie, if it comes to it you might have to" My Mom says and her eyes go wide. "But you cannot stress yourself out, it can harm the baby"

Edie places her hand on her bump and I place mine on top of hers. We are all out of our depth here...

...

Edie

The pain is unbearable.

I've never experienced anything like it.

How did Stormie do this five times?

I'm never doing this again.

Everyone keeps talking around me and in all honesty I'm hardly listening to anything they are saying. I'm just trying to concentrate not screaming my heart out. I need to concentrate on my breathing and stop the feeling of pushing take over me.

Oh God, pushing!

"Ross" He stops talking to Stormie and looks at me. He looks like he's about to pass out and I don't blame him. "I feel like I need to push"

"Mom!"

"Edie, whatever you do, just try not to push!" She's beginning to panic as well and now I know this is becoming dangerous. We have no one who's medically trained here and we have no equipment. What if something goes wrong?

I can't give birth on a tour bus that is traveling an illegal speed down the highway.

"Don't push!" Ross echo's the word from his Mom and I feel another contraction build up.

"It's hard not too!" I shout.

"Oh god!" Ross stands up and I feel lost without him. I thought he was going to begin pacing again but he goes down to the bottom floor and his siblings follow behind him. Leaving me and Stormie alone.

"We're pulling up to the hospital now! Not long now and you can do what you're meant to do" She smiles, squeezing my hand. "We will all be waiting for the announcement"

"I want you to be there to" I pant, as my contraction begins to fade.

"What?"

"I want you to be in the room with me and Ross"

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes of course" I try and smile through the pain. "You've been more of a Mom to me in the last two years. Ever since I met you, you've been there for me and I can't thank you enough. I want you to be there with me, I want you to be there when we meet our child for the first time, when you meet your grandchild."

"Thank you" Stormie says with tears in her eyes. Before we can talk anymore three nurses arrive and rush over to me. They begin talking to me, but I pay no attention and another contraction starts up again and my urge to push builds up again.

They transfer me onto a stretcher and slowly but carefully I am taken from the top deck to the bottom and once off the bus I am rushed through the hospital with Ross and Stormie at either side of me. They change me into a gown and transfer to to a hospital bed and everyone is still rushing around me, preparing faster then usually because this baby is coming now.

"I'm so proud of you" Ross leans next to me and brush the strands of hair away from my face. "I love you, I love you with all my heart"

"I love you too"

"And I told you not to eat that mexican food" He laughs and I can't help but laugh with him. And in that small moment the pain and the madness around me fades away and I laugh with the boy I fell in love with, the boy who is now a man and is about to become a father.

"Shut up" I giggle and he kisses me softly. But too quickly reality comes back into the room and the doctor is now sat in front of me.

"Right Miss Henry are you ready?" He pulls his latex gloves onto his hand and I feel my heart rate pick up. This is it, it's happening right now.

"Are you ready?" I look up at Ross and he nods, kissing my forehead and taking ahold of my hand.

"Ready as I'll ever be" He says.

"Lets do this, right Edie on the count of three I want you to
give me the biggest push"

A/N:
Next chapter and there will be a bubba!!
Comment
Vote
Share
And the next chapter will be yours ❤️