Chapter Forty-One

*Edie's POV*

"What are you going as?" I asked searching through the rails of costumes. The party was tonight and we still haven't found a costume. Ross was picking up his siblings from the airport and they would be meeting us at the party later.

"A sexy pirate" Nina smiled and waved her costume in front of me. I rolled my eyes and kept on searching but nothing popped out to me.

"Do you have any idea what you want to be?" I could tell she was getting impatient with me now. We'd been in this place for at least an hour and a half. I shook my head.

"You need something that's sweet and innocent but sexy" Nina announced. I laughed at her comment. "Why not? It just screams you"

"Cute and innocent but sexy?" I arched my eyebrow and giggled.

"Now this is perfect!" Nina squealed and help up a tinker bell costume. "You have the body, the hair and the face! This will do!" She walked up to the counter and paid for both costumes. I tried to tell her I would pay for my own but she wouldn't take no as an answer.

By the time we got back to the dorm it was 7:00pm, the part was at 8pm so we only had an our to get ready. I showered and changed into the green sequinned dress that didn't even look like a dress, more like a shirt that I'd tried to pull down. Nina insisted that it looked great but I was still paranoid that people would be able to see placed they shouldn't. I covered my eyelids in a gold sparkle eyeshadow. I style I learnt from Rydel when I went on a small tour with them. I added black eyeliner and mascara. I put my hair up into a bun before putting my wings on.

Nina walked out of the bathroom in her very short pirates outfit. Her black hair was loosely curled and her dark make up made her green eyes pop.

"You look amazing!" She squealed.

"So do you" I smiled. My phone buzzed and I pulled it off my side table.

We'll be there soon. I love you.

I smiled and told Nina we had to leave. The party was in Ryan's dorm but with the amount of people that were going it would take up the whole hall.

As we got there people in costume filled the place. A few dancing or talking. Some kissing or groping each other. Nina grabbed my arm and pulled me into the main source of the party.

"Don't leave me" I said to Nina who had her eyes on the many guys around us.

"Yeah, sure" She mumbled, a few guys looked at me but I made no effort of staring back. I checked my phone for any messages from Ross but my message list was empty. When I looked back up Nina had disappeared and I was left on my own. Some guy dressed as cave man approached me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"What's your name beautiful?" He slurred, the smell of alcohol on his breath hit my face and I cringed at the sight of him.

"None of your concern" I said and pushed his arm off me.

"Come on babe, let's have a dance" He placed his hands on my hips and gestured me towards the crowd of people dancing. I stepped away out of his grip and shook my head. He tried to grab me again but I walked away out of sight. I found a less crowded spot and started looking through my messages again, but still nothing from Ross. Someone was walking round with a tray full of red cups, I picked one up and downed the whole thing. I wasn't even sure what it was, but it was defiantly something mixed with a lot of vodka. I relaxed me a bit so I picked up another and didn't bother making it last, the cup was empty within seconds.

I felt hands on my waist again and I quickly swung around and hit pervet round the face. My head went a little fuzzy, probably because I turned around so quickly and the two cups of mixed vodka I had.

"Ow!" A familiar voice yelled and I looked up to see Ross holding his jaw, dressed in a costume from 'Top Gun'. I smiled innocently up at my boyfriend who looked confused and slightly in pain after the hit I just through.

"What was that for?"

"I thought you were a creep trying to hit on me" I said placing my hands on my hips.

"In that case good arm baby" He smiled and pulled me closer to him.

"I do try my best" I smiled sweetly. "So top gun hmm?" I smirked looking up and down at his outfit, he even had the sunglasses.

"Well I've always wanted to be a pilot, might as well be the best and tinkerbell? Didn't know you wanted to be a fairy?"

"Well I am quite magical?" I laughed which made Ross giggle too.

"That you are" He smirked and kissed me quickly.

"The name is Captain Jack Sparrow" I heard from behind me, Ross looked over my head and shook his own and laughed. I turned around and Riker stood there in a dramatic pose in his costume.

"Riker!" I jumped out of Ross's grip and hugged him tightly.

"Good to see you buddy!" He laughed and hugged me back. I looked over his shoulder and saw Rocky and Ellington dressed as Thing One and Thing Two. They looked ridiculous but I was glad they hadn't changed. They joined mine and Riker's hug and soon I was let go. Rydel walked over, she was dressed as a 'Gatsby Girl' and she looked amazing. I ran and hugged her tightly.

"Hi to you too!" She giggled and hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you" My voice cracked.

"I've missed you too" She sniffed and after we finally pulled away we burst into laughter.

"Right, now that you've done crying and laughing can I have my girlfriend back now?" Ross asked stepping closer to me and holding my hand.

"Nope! We're going to dance!" Rydel said and before she pulled me away I quickly kissed his cheek before being dragged to the dance floor.