Chapter Fifty-Four

Ross's POV

What the hell have I just done?

I don't want to leave her, I can't be without her. My brain took over and my heart lost the battle. Some might say it's the easy option out but this is the hardest fucking decision I have made. 

"I thought you loved me" Edie sobs. 

Fuck, I can't do this. I can't stand here and watch the girl I love crack into a million pieces. I'm doing this to her, I'm making her feel this way and she deserves someone who will love her right. It's unhealthy what we're doing, what I'm doing. I don't think there can be a time where we are just constantly happy, something will always come up and throw us of course. 

"I do love you and I will never stop" I tell I honestly. "But I'm not putting you through this anymore" 

"We have such a long way to go though Ross, we have so much ahead of us" 

"More arguments? More breaking up?" I try and not raise my voice but I need to see the light. I need her to realise what she can have without me. 

"No!" She steps forward and hits my chest. I don't move, I'm much more stronger then her. "No, we're going to stay together and be happy. After all that we've been through you're not going to leave me!" 

"Don't you see though" I grab her wrists to stop her hitting me again. She looks up, her blue eyes burning into me, captivating me like always. "After all we've been through, we're not even nineteen yet and we've already been through a life time of problems no couple should" 

"No, no, no, no!!" She sobs again. I can't keep doing this, I can't watch her heart break. Rydel walks into the room quickly but silently. She looks at me, as if she's telling me to comfort the girl I love in front of me. And as much as I want to something is holding me back. This force, keeping me from doing what I want to do most. Hold Edie in my arms until she falls asleep, then carry her to our bed and keep her close to me all night long. 

"Edie" Rydel walks over and I step away. She tries to step forward and lean against me but Rydel steps in my place and hugs her tightly. 

"I'm so sorry" I say but Edie's head snaps up and her tear stained face made my heart sink. 

"Fuck you" She spits. "Fuck you Ross Lynch!!!" 

And with that I left, listening to her screams and cries drifting away. 

Edie's POV

I woke up that evening feeling empty. I have nothing, nothing else other then Ross. With him gone I have no home, I have no family, everything is gone. What am I supposed to now? I have no career anymore so I'm going to have to find a job, I need to get some money together...

Fuck it. This isn't just going to go smooth sailing, I'm going to have to explain to the people who have stepped in as my family that I can't stay here with them.

"Edie?"  

Riker walks into the bedroom and I feel myself begin to cry again. He rushed over and scoops me up in his arms. 

"I'm so sorry Edie" He whispers and hugs me tighter. 

"I thought we were good" I choke out. "We're were going to get a dog" I sob even louder and Riker chuckles softly. 

"It's not funny" I hit his arm, but it didn't even phase him. "We had so much planned" 

"I know" He sighs. "Maybe he'll come around and see how much of a dick he's being"