Chapter Twenty One

*Edie's POV*

I lifted my head and found myself in Ross's room. The curtains were closed and all the lights were off. My head was pounding and my eyes were stinging from where I had been crying. I turned over and covered myself with the blanket.

I was hoping it was all a dream. That I would wake up and realise it was a nightmare, that my brother would still be alive. That I would find him in his room playing video games or wrestling with the twins but letting them win so they felt strong.

But he was dead, and it was all my fault.

I laid there for a few more minutes thinking about Dylan. Then someone opened the door. I didn't bother to look up and see who it was. I just wanted to stay hidden away.

Someone climbed into bed next to me and pulled me close to them. I quickly turned around and wrapped myself around my boyfriend. Ross didn't say anything he just rubbed my arm lightly and hummed a soft tune in my ear.

"Ross?" I lifted my head so I could just see the outline of his face. The room was so dark I couldn't exactly see details.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"What time is it?" I asked snuggling myself closer to him.

"Well it's 2pm. You've slept over 24 hours"

"24 hours?"

"Well you've had a lot on your mind. You needed to sleep it off" He said softly pulling me closer.

"Well I've had a good sleep, but there's still a lot on my mind" I said sarcastically. Ross laughed a little and kissed my forehead.

"I know baby" He said quietly. "You can stay here for as long as you want. Whatever you need, you can have"

"Anything?"

"Anything" Ross whispered.

"Then can you kiss me?" I asked already leaning in. Mine and Ross's lips connected and I felt warm inside again. Kissing Ross made everything that was negative in my life disappear. It was only me and Ross. Just for those few moments I was happy.

*Ross's POV*

That kiss was perfect. I hate to see Edie so upset. Just as everything was going so well, I finally got Edie back and now her whole world had been turned upside down.

All of a sudden Edie started to cry. I pulled away an stared at the broken girl lying down next to me. Why did something like this have to happen to someone who had already been through so much. I broke my heart.

"Oh baby, don't cry" I hushed, brushing away the tears off her cheeks.

"I'm sorry...I just can't believe he's gone!" She broke down at this point and there was no way I could stop her tears. I just made sure I held her tight and whispered sweet, calming things in her ear.

"It's my fault it happened!" She choked out.

"No! Don't think like that!" I hugged her tightly as she sobbed into my chest.

"Yes it is! If I didn't go camping and stay out all night then Dylan wouldn't of gone out looking for me! He wouldn't be dead!"

"Baby, you can't think like that"

"How else am I supposed think?!" She shouted trying to pull away from my grip but I held onto her tightly. "I regret ever leaving that night. Everything was a mistake. It's all my fault"

"How can you say that? Do you regret what we did?"

"Ross don't start that!" She snapped. "You know I don't, but right now I feel guilty! My brother is dead because of me!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry"

She didn't say a word she just snuggled up closer to me. I stroked her hair as I waited for her to fall asleep.

*Rydel'S POV*

I finished cleaning the last few dishes and put them away. The house was so quiet. Rocky and Riker went out to get some groceries for Mom and Dad. And my parents were out for the afternoon. I had no idea where Ryland was and Ross was upstairs with Edie.

"Rydel?"

I jumped and turned around to see Ellington stood in the doorway.

"How did you get in?" I asked hitting him on the arm as I passed him. "You scared me!"

He laughed and followed me into the living room.

"I never knock, you know that" He shrugged.

"I guess I never notice since the house is always so crazy. But today it's dead"

"Everyone out?"

I nodded. "But Ross is upstairs with Edie"

"How's she doing?" He asked.

"Bad. She slept for a whole day and she keeps crying in her sleep" I sighed. "I just can't believe he's gone"

Dylan was a good friend of mine. Ever since I met Edie I got to know her brother really well. The thought of never seeing him again is scary. I guess you could say at one point I had a major crush on him. I felt warm tears spill down my cheeks and Ellington instantly pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, hey" He soothed. "What's wrong?"

"I just can't believe he's dead!" I cried. Ellington hugged me as I cried into his shoulder.

Once I calmed myself down I looked up at him. He wiped away the fresh tears on my cheeks and then sighed. I raised my eyebrow and he smiled softly.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing....don't worry" He said still holding my face.

"No tell me please?"

He sighed but laughed at the same time and I waited for his response.

"Your even perfect when you cry"