Chapter Fifty-Two

Ross's POV

"Hi Edie" A smug smile took over Danny's face as his eyes wonder from Edie's eyes to her chest. 

"I didn't know you worked here" My girlfriend smiles, not even realising that his perverted eyes are wondering all over her. 

"I started a few weeks back" He smiles back.

"So can we order or what?" Riker speaks up and I try to hide my satisfied smile that we finally have a little control over this asshole. 

"Riker!" My Mom gasps and my brother just shrugs, looking back up at Danny. 

"Uh, sure. What can I get you?" He stutters and Edie's glares at Riker from over the table. We all order our food and he soon leaves. 

Why the fuck is he even working here? It's just my luck that the day me and Edie return home we run into her ex. And why is Edie not ranting about having her ex boyfriend as our waiter? He ruined her, he was a jerk and he hurt her. I can't imagine what could've happened if I wasn't there to beat the creep up when he had her to himself. 

"So what are you two planning to do now you're back?" My Mom asks. 

"Probably look for an apartment" I shrug, throwing my arm over the back of the chair. 

"I want to get a job" My girlfriends says. A job? She never mentioned this. 

"Maybe you should wait a bit? Because of your leg?" I whisper and Edie glares at me. 

"My leg is fine Ross" She growls. "I can get a job if I want to. I might even apply here again, they look short of staff" 

"You are not getting a job here" I snap, this isn't going to go down well at all. "End of" 

"Ross" Rydel hisses but I ignore my sister.

I don't care if I look possessive or controlling. She is not going near that asshole again, I won't let her go back to that life she left once before. She hated it and all I want is for her to be happy. 

"You're not the boss of me" She snaps and turns away from me. 

"But I am your boyfriend, and I don't want you working here" 

Edie turns around quickly and her eyes widen. Shit, I've done it now. 

"Do you hear yourself? You can't control me! If I want to work, I will. If I want to work here, I God damn will!" She spits, the tables around us have gone quiet and my siblings are looking at us too. Edie's eyes wonder and she snaps them back to me, my stomach sinks because I can read her face like a book, and I've hurt her. 

"Excuse me" She stumbles and runs away from the table. 

"You can't go five minutes without being an ass can you?" Rydel sends daggers from across the table and my Mom eyes widen at the use of my sisters language. 

"You can see why I don't want her here can't you?" I look around and they all stay quiet. I groan and slam my head against the table. I can't risk losing her again. 

"She won't go back to him" Rocky says, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"And how do you know that?" I glare back. 

"Because" "He shrugs. "She came back to you after being with him, she still got back with you after you made her choose between you and her career and she still came back with you when you didn't want to stay in New York with her" 

I sigh and stay quiet. I know he's right, even if I am too stubborn to admit it. 

"She's given up everything for you, cut her some slack" He finishes.