Chapter Sixty

Ross's POV

"Is she okay?" Rydel stands up quickly but I'm already walking away from the table telling them to stay where they are. I reach the ladies bathroom and I can hear Edie throwing up in the there. Just as I'm about to burst through the door I see the waitress behind the breakfast bar staring at me.

Shit.

"My girlfriend, no Fiance is in there and I have to make sure she's okay!" The waitress just stares at me confused. I can still hear Edie from the bathroom and I wait for a response from the mute girl.

"Fuck it" I go back over to the door and knock on it before opening it slightly. "I don't care how many women are in here, I'm coming in!" When there's no response I barge through the door and find Edie leaning over the toilet bowl.

I hold her hair back until she finishes throwing up. Once she's finished I pick her up and set her gently down on the counter next to the sinks. The colour has drained from her face and she looks she has no energy left. I start running the water from the faucet and collect cold water in my hands, I bring my hands up to her mouth and she drinks the water slowly. And I know at this very moment I will never leave her. At her weakest or highest moments, I will always be by her side.

"Thank you" Her voice is hoarse and she leans back against the mirror.

"Are you okay?" I ask, even though I know she's not. I just need to hear her say it so I don't explode with worry.

"Yes" She breathes. "I think...I think it's morning sickness"

"Morning sickness?" Obviously I'd heard of it before but I'm an eighteen year old boy, I don't know the first thing about pregnancy.

"Yes, it was the cheese, the smell" I put my hands behind her knees and pull her forward so I can stand in between her legs. She leans towards me and rests her forehead against my shoulder.

"We need to see a doctor" Edie says. I tense and begin to panic, she realises and quickly grips my shoulders to look at me. "Just to make sure everything's okay, eighty percent chance it is what I think. But if we're going to go through with this then we can't take risks. I've been in hospital once because of this, I'm not going back again"

I need to start getting used to this. I need to remember everything is changing for us, a very dramatic change. This isn't some virus that will soon go away, this is going to carry on for nine months and then for the next eighteen years. I need to realise my whole world is changing and there's nothing stopping that anymore.

"We'll call tonight and book an appointment for tomorrow" I tell her.

"What are they going to say when we go back out?"

"Why can't we just tell them?" I ask, shifting my eyes to the ground. I know that Edie doesn't want anyone knowing about the life growing inside of her but this is going to happen more then once and soon people will grow suspicious.

"Because....I just can't, not yet" She whispers. I hate lying to my family but I know Edie isn't ready. Her and I are still getting used to what the future will hold for us.

"Just know that whatever they say, even if they don't agree, I will never leave you"

"If I had a toothbrush, I would kiss you" She smiles and I know as soon as she gets that toothbrush I will kiss her as much as she wants.

"Come on, lets go home"

I help her off the counter and wrap my arm around her shoulders and hold her close to me as we walk out the woman's bathroom. The mute waitress stands and looks at us both, watching as walk back over to my siblings. I roll my eyes and ignore her rude stare.