Chapter Twenty

*Edie's POV*

"What?"

My whole world had just come crashing down around me. My brother can't be dead. He can't. He's only twenty years old. He hasn't lived his life, he hasn't met the love of his life, he's not married, he doesn't have kids. He can't be dead. He has all those things to live for.

"He's dead! Stone cold dead!" My Dad screamed.

"Mike!" My Mom sobbed. "Stop it!"

"No! She needs to know what she's done!" His face went red with anger.

"What?! What did I do?" I picked myself up from the ground and backed away from my father.

"Dylan is dead because of you!" He roared. "He went out looking for you because you disappeared! And while he was searching a drunk driver drove into his lane and collided into him!!"

My heart literally stopped. Everything felt like it was slow motion. My Mom started to cry again and my Dad walked towards me. I started to shake again and he grabbed my arms and hauled me to the front door.

"What are you doing?" My Mom screamed.

"I can't have her here right now! Maybe one day she can come home. But not after what she did" He snarled and slammed the door in my face.

I stood there in complete shook. My body was literally shutting down. I started to run. I just ran wherever my feet would take me. I ended up outside the Lynch's house. I slowly walked up to the front door and hit my fist against the door.

I waited a few moments before the door opened in front of me and all my emotions just over flowed and I couldn't contain myself anymore. I broke down and fell to my knees.

My big brother was dead. He wasn't coming back. He wouldn't be at home to greet me anymore. He won't be there to make fun of me. He won't be there to interrogate a guy I had a crush on. We will never get a chance to laugh at the embarrassing moments we shared when we visit each other as adults. We will never get a chance to see our kids play together. I'll never get to see him again.

I felt someone lift me from the ground and bring me into the house. I looked up and from what I could see through my tears was that it was Rocky who was holding me. I heard everyone talking around me but I had to much going on in my head to listen out to what they were saying.

Rocky handed me over to someone else and instantly I knew it was Ross. He sat me down on my lap and held me tight.

"Edie what's happened?" He asked softly. That's the one thing about Ross. He doesn't panic. He's always calm when it comes to these situations. He rubbed my back and planted small soft kisses on my forehead. Even though I was still crying I tried to talk but nothing was coming out right. I felt myself finding it hard to breathe. I couldn't get air into my lungs, I started to panic.

"Edie! Calm down!" Ross said sternly. I couldn't calm down. I felt like I was about to die. I couldn't breathe! Ross shook me and I grabbed my face so I was looking at him.

"Breathe! In and out!" Ross breathed in deeply and exhaled. I copied his actions and started to calm down. My chest stopped hurting and Ross pulled me back so I was resting my head on his shoulder.

"Now tell me. What's happened" He asked. I felt tears fill my eyes again and I started to shake.

"Dylan's dead...." I choked out. A few gasps were heard from around the room but Ross said nothing. He wrapped his strong arms around me and rocked me back and forth. He didn't have to say a word and I didn't want him to say anything. I just needed him to hold me.

To stay with me.

Forever.